Imp.info regarding Substitute Labor

goan2005

Registered Users (C)
I had applied for EB3 - I/140- I/485 concurent on 2/1/05 with Sub. Labor with PD of 7/2000. I received receipt from INS with A numbers. This clearly indicates INS ia accepting Sub Labors date as PD otherwise they would not have accepted my I-485.

good to hear this!

goan2005
Eventhough i know that pdate is sub.labor date, there is no evidence to support, your case giving me lot of hope to see my approvals soon. My Pdate is 10/2001 140/485 RD is 6/2004. Thanks

A number means visa number

A number is on recept notice. Is becomes the visa number. The retrogession thing is about avaialbiillty of visa numbers. since INS has allocated a number ot my sub labor case, it means they have given visa number avaialbility to it hence its free of retrogession.

If you have a sub.. labor which is filed before March'02 then you can do the concurrent filing.

as far as i know A# is not visa #, once your 485 is ready for approval that is the time they assign that #

Once 485 is filed using the PD then 485 processing is based on the receipt date.

can you explain this ?

jkvaisnavi said:
If you have a sub.. labor which is filed before March'02 then you can do the concurrent filing.

as far as i know A# is not visa #, once your 485 is ready for approval that is the time they assign that #

Once 485 is filed using the PD then 485 processing is based on the receipt date.

485 processing is based on the receipt date., u mean if substitute labor is used, then pdate becomes as receipt date?, how they will process i-485 based on receipt date, if pdate is in effect?. Thanks

I-485s are processed based on the date they are received. The Priority Date only becomes an issue when it's time to approve your application. If a visa is not available for people with your priority date, your application is (or should) be put on hold.

Sure, you'll be able to find the occasional case that does not fit any of those statements, but for the most part, that's how it happens.