Immigration status in D156 form for visa revalidation

ansivaraju

Registered Users (C)
Hi everyone, i need a clarification in filling up D156 form for H1B visa revalidation. My 140 and 485 is pending. I got my AP and EAD. Due to the 140 backlog (And we never know when we will get the 140), i plan to get my passport stamped with my H1B visa.

In the form D156 there is a column called "Has Anyone Ever Filed an Immigrant Visa Petition on Your Behalf?" Do i need to say yes or No. Could anyone of you please responde to this.

Thanks
ansivaraju

I had a similar situation. I checked with my lawyer before I left USA for the visa interview. On his advice I checked yes. The reason is H-1 is a dual intent visa and the councilor officer can not deny the H-1 visa eventhough you have shown immigration intent by filling I-140 and I-485. I had no problem and me and my wife both got the H-1 and H-4 stamped respectively.

ansivaraju said:
Hi everyone, i need a clarification in filling up D156 form for H1B visa revalidation. My 140 and 485 is pending. I got my AP and EAD. Due to the 140 backlog (And we never know when we will get the 140), i plan to get my passport stamped with my H1B visa.

In the form D156 there is a column called "Has Anyone Ever Filed an Immigrant Visa Petition on Your Behalf?" Do i need to say yes or No. Could anyone of you please responde to this.

Thanks
ansivaraju
Write YES.