immigration question

hadijorati

I am a citizen of Iran, living in US. my wife lives in Canada. we want to apply for PR card for Canada. my specific question is about police clearance. I know that I have to get a police clearance from Iran. (does she need to get one from iran too?) but I can't leave the US for laws governing visas for Iranians. and there is no official relations between US ad Iran. so I have to apply for my police clearance rom Iran via the so called interests section of the islamic republic in DC.
this may take 6-7 month itself. also if my wife has to get a similar thing, she has to do it through iranian consulate in Canada, so the two may well not be ready within validation period of the other.
is it possible to send the file without police clearance and apply for some kind of extension?

You can apply/send your papers without the police clearence paper. Write a letter explaining the delay in obtaining the police clerance. If I am not mistaken one has to obtain certificates from the countries they have lived. Its been a while since I looked at the requirements. I guess it is time for a refresher course :)

Good Luck!

Police certificates

You only need to get Police Certificates from countries where you lived for more than 6 months after turning 18. There are some countries mentioned in the immigration guide from where Canadian authorities get the police certificate themself. Iran may be one of those. Go through the immigration guide available at CIC's website to confirm it. You can also send your application without police certificates. They will let you know if they need police certificates later on. At that point, you can try explaining to them and hope that they understand :) or work on obtaining them in the meantime while they are processing your applications. Depending on your wife's situation, she may or may not need police certificates from Iran. I dont know about Iran but it may be possible to get it through relatives or friends in Iran and save time.

Schattenjager