Immigration issue "Petition married sister".

billyg

Hello everyone,

I have a question pertaining to the Family-based Green Card Visa. I am a U.S. citizen and I would like to bring my sister to the U.S. from Cuba. She is married with one child. I would like to know if I can petition my married sister with her child and/or husband to the U.S. to become permanent residents? If in fact It is possible will I need to file seperate I-30 forms for each person and list any other steps that I will need to take to accomplish this task. Responses will be greatly appreciated!

You can file a I-130 under F4 family preference. You need to file the I-130 for your sister and list her spouse and child's details.

Right now F4 for Cuba is taking about 12 years under F4 category. The INS will probably not even touch the petition for 1 year or so as they do not see it as high priority.

The other political details such getting an exit visa etc from Cuba is beyond the realm of this board.

Re:

How long will it take Billyg get a receipt notice if he should go ahead and file for his sister?