Immigration for relative

woox

Registered Users (C)
Hi people,

I was wondering if someone here could help me;
I have uncle with citizenship in Florida, but I'm currently on H1 (in California). I'm also married, and my wife is on H4.
Does someone know if he could sponsor me for relative based immigration, and what time processing time I could face to?

Thank you all in advance!

Only the following are eligible :
US Citizen may petition for the following foreign national relatives to immigrate to the United States; however you must be able to provide proof of the relationships:

Husband or wife;
Unmarried child under 21 years old;
Unmarried son or daughter over 21;
Married son or daughter of any age;
Brother or sister, if you are at least 21 years old; or
Parent, if you are at least 21 years old.

Ok, so uncle can give petition of his brother (my father), and then my father can give it to me (actually everything should go twice through INS (BCIS)) , if I'm correct (I don't get it directly) ?

And, does someone know also, how long would it take (between the petition, to getting visa approved)? I'm interested in all others experiences, but mostly interested in Florida residents.

Thank you!

Originally posted by woox
Ok, so uncle can give petition of his brother (my father), and then my father can give it to me (actually everything should go twice through INS (BCIS)) , if I'm correct (I don't get it directly) ?

And, does someone know also, how long would it take (between the petition, to getting visa approved)? I'm interested in all others experiences, but mostly interested in Florida residents.

Thank you!

Sure! and the time line would go something like this:

Father's GC based on relationship to your Uncle - 12 Years
Father obtain US Citizenship - 6 Years
Your GC based on relationship to father - 7 Years

TOTAL TIME TO OBTAIN GC - - - 25 YEARS

But I think I saw that some people got it done a lot faster. Actually, is there any possible way to make it faster (like premium processing, etc.)?

25 yeras; any of us can be dead in next 3 months in a car accident, so I don't see how someone could wait for a such period of time, thought...

Also, is the processing time equal for each state, or there is a difference like in labor certificate processing?

Thank you Jim very much on you response!

- Dusko

Originally posted by Jim Mills
Sure! and the time line would go something like this:

Father's GC based on relationship to your Uncle - 12 Years
Father obtain US Citizenship - 6 Years
Your GC based on relationship to father - 7 Years

TOTAL TIME TO OBTAIN GC - - - 25 YEARS

Also, my next question is, how's that it takes 12 years for brother, and 7 years for son?

Thanks!

They are different categories and therefore have different priority dates. I am not even really considering processing times except to round out years. Processing times are insignificant compared to the Family Based Priority Dates.

Brothers and Sisters of Adult Citizens are 4th preference - 12 Year Wait

Married Sons and Daughters of Citizens are 3rd Preference - 7 Year Wait

Unmarried Sons and Daughters (21 years of age or older) are 2nd preference - 9 Year Wait

Unmarried Sons and Daughters of Citizens - 1st Preference - 4 Year Wait

There is not category for married sons and daughters of GC holders.