immigrant visa issues with a stamp that needs attention from meidcal authorities in US

memygc

Registered Users (C)
Hi has anybody every received an immigrant visa that has a stamp on it -
which says Class A or Class B (T) - Needs attention by USPHS at POE?
Also there is a separate package attached to the main packet that says to be opened only by a US Health officer

People who have experience in this, or know about this, please let me know soon

Thanks

It is a secondary Health Inspection

By US authorities. It just means you will have to appear before an INS health inspector in US to confirm the Inactive TB is infact Inactive

Please update your original InActive TB posting with the process you went through as there are a few others in the same boat. This forum is for receiving and sharing/giving advice. Many can benefit from your experience
http://www.immigrationportal.com/WebX?230@@.efd913b

Patta

Patta,
I did post the inactive TB experience in the main thread just now. Thanks

A couple of questions around this:
1. Do you know how long does it take to conduct a secondary health inspection?
2. Where does this have to be done, and when?
3. Are there any requirements to enter the US faster because of this?

My 2 Cents in CAPS below

IF INDEED YOUR EXTRA PACKAGE MEANS SECONDARY INSPECTION
I am not completely sure but this is what I think..... take it for what it is worth.

1. Do you know how long does it take to conduct a secondary health inspection?
THEY WILL SCEDULE YOU TO GO TO A US GOV HEATH FACILITY AT THE LATER DATE. THEY WILL DO THE TB TEST JUST TO CONFIRM IT IS NOT COMMUNICABLE. THEY WOULD NOT HAVE SUCH MEDICAL FACILITY AT THE AIRPORT HENCE THEY WILL HAVE TO SCHEDULE A LATER DATE
2. Where does this have to be done, and when?

THEY SHOULD SET UP A DATE WITH YOU...SOONER THE BETTER
3. Are there any requirements to enter the US faster because of this?

DID NOT UNDERSTAND THE QUESTION. IF YOU ARE ASKING CAN YOU DO SOMETHING TO MAKE ENTRY FASTER - THEY SHOULD NOT BE DETAINING YOU AT THE AIRPORT UNTILL TEST RESULTS COME. YOU SHOULD BE ALLOWED TO GO HOME AND APPEAR BEFORE THE MEDICAL BOARD WHEN SCHEDULED. ONCE YOU ARE CLEARED YOU ARE GOOD TO GO. I DONT THINK YOU CAN DO ANYTHING TO MAKE IT FASTER