• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Immigrant Visa Issued, Want to go on Business Trip

ness_purplerain

Registered Users (C)
Hi all

This process doesn't get any less complicated!

My immigrant visa was issued 9 March, I have to immigrate by 9 September. I want to go for some business interviews before I immigrate to try and secure employment over ther (for 1 or 2 weeks and then come back and move).

Please advise, whether I can get a tourist/business visa waiver or if there is some kind of Adjustment of Status I can undertake?

Thanks

Ness

Vanessa

The first time you enter the US after being given the immigrant visa will effectively be your start as a permanent resident/GC holder. As far as I know it cannot be postponed for a subsequent entry so walk with your brown envelope. I'm sure others on the board can advice you as well. Good Luck!!

Hi all

This process doesn't get any less complicated!

My immigrant visa was issued 9 March, I have to immigrate by 9 September. I want to go for some business interviews before I immigrate to try and secure employment over ther (for 1 or 2 weeks and then come back and move).

Please advise, whether I can get a tourist/business visa waiver or if there is some kind of Adjustment of Status I can undertake?

Thanks

Ness

Vanessa

Even if you want to come back to your home country, you could apply for a re-entry pass - that is why they have them so as to allow residents to leave for an extended period of time if they have a valid reason.

Agree with Sonibago - go in and activate your PR card and have both your GC and SS card sent to a US address. Then, depending on the length of your trip back home (if it is short, you may not need to do anything) apply for a re-entry permit.