Immigrant VISA interview for Spouse

niyant665

I am on green card currently, I have applied for my spouse immigrant VISA(Class-F21) in February 2018. DS 260 and all the supportive documents have been approved by NVC on 19-Jun-2020 and I have received an email from NVC saying we will receive further information for VISA interview shortly. It has been almost 3 months but we have not received any notification from NVC since then. Recently I came to know that Mumbai NVC has started conducting some VISA interviews. I have few questions regarding to that;

Are they conducting VISA interview for some specific category only?
If NVC is only accepting emergency VISA applications then, is it possible to request emergency VISA interview for immigrant VISA as we have been waiting for 2.5 years?

Any feedback or advise would be appreciated.
Thank you so much in advance.

I am on green card currently, I have applied for my spouse immigrant VISA(Class-F21) in February 2018. DS 260 and all the supportive documents have been approved by NVC on 19-Jun-2020 and I have received an email from NVC saying we will receive further information for VISA interview shortly. It has been almost 3 months but we have not received any notification from NVC since then. Recently I came to know that Mumbai NVC has started conducting some VISA interviews. I have few questions regarding to that;

Are they conducting VISA interview for some specific category only?
If NVC is only accepting emergency VISA applications then, is it possible to request emergency VISA interview for immigrant VISA as we have been waiting for 2.5 years?

Any feedback or advise would be appreciated.
Thank you so much in advance.

Visas for family of green card holders fall under the grouping banned by the presidential proclamations of April and June. The ban is currently set to expire on 31 December so the earliest you can expect an interview appointment for this category is sometime next year.