Immigrant Visa Interview at Mumbai - Parents - Help Needed ?

mmza

Registered Users (C)
Hello Everyone:

History: My mother was sponsored by my sister (Citizen) last year Feb 2006. Yesterday (May 23 2007), she finally got the call for interview on June 22 2007 at Immigration Visa Unit, 78 Bhulabhai Desai Road, Mumbai, India.

We got the following questions and need clarifications. Any help is highly appreciated.

1. We are asked to submit documents before the interview at VSF office. Can we submit the requested documents at Hyderabad VSF Office (http://www.vfs-usa.co.in) even thought the package we received only shows VSF offices at Mumbai, Ahmedabad, Pune and Kolkata? Please note the interview is at Mumbai.

2. Medical Examination: The package only lists the approved physicians at Ahmedabad, Surat and Mumbai. Is there an approved physician at Hyderabad, India and Can she go there for medical examination?

3. What are the usual questions asked during the interview? my mother doesn't know fluent English.

4. I believe, the sponsor can be with the applicant during the interview, does that really help?

5. Does she gets the immigrant visa on the same day? What's the duration usually?

6. Are there any good hotels near Immigration Visa Unit, 78 Bhulabhai Desai Road, Mumbai, India.

Regards,
Meraj

Hello Everyone:

History: My mother was sponsored by my sister (Citizen) last year Feb 2006. Yesterday (May 23 2007), she finally got the call for interview on June 22 2007 at Immigration Visa Unit, 78 Bhulabhai Desai Road, Mumbai, India.

We got the following questions and need clarifications. Any help is highly appreciated.

1. We are asked to submit documents before the interview at VSF office. Can we submit the requested documents at Hyderabad VSF Office (http://www.vfs-usa.co.in) even thought the package we received only shows VSF offices at Mumbai, Ahmedabad, Pune and Kolkata? Please note the interview is at Mumbai.

You should check with Mumbai consulate via email/ phone.

2. Medical Examination: The package only lists the approved physicians at Ahmedabad, Surat and Mumbai. Is there an approved physician at Hyderabad, India and Can she go there for medical examination?

I am not sure. Again, check with consulate.

3. What are the usual questions asked during the interview? my mother doesn't know fluent English.

Very basic questions. Main thing is to have all the required docs submitted to VFS. Check this and other threads
http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=242732

4. I believe, the sponsor can be with the applicant during the interview, does that really help?

Either way it is fine. In general, they will interview in native language, if needed.

5. Does she gets the immigrant visa on the same day? What's the duration usually?

Passport with Immi visa stamp received at home in a couple of days. Need to enter USA within 6 months.

6. Are there any good hotels near Immigration Visa Unit, 78 Bhulabhai Desai Road, Mumbai, India.
Check posts in consular processing forum, internet.

Regards,
Meraj

Good luck!