I'm a US resident and need a passport or any travel document to get my son to the US

Ayakar

Hi,

I'm divorced and have a 9 year old child, my ex husband is not in contact My son and I have been approved for Immigration visa but I had to travel to the US alone and have obtained my green card.

I'm having serious complications renewing my son's passport for 2 years now! Is there anything I can do from here to help him to issue any travel document to get him to the US?

who should i be speaking with?

You should go to the appropriate family court in your jurisdiction to obtain sole custody. Then you can get a passport and immigrate without the other parent's consent.

I possess custody in multiple jurisdictions and all the countries we lived in during our marriage, but the situation is quite intricate. While women are allowed to be custodians of their children, they are not permitted to be guardians in the Middle East. Consequently, obtaining a passport becomes challenging for me if the father refuses or is absent. Currently, he does not reside in the same country as us, has had no contact since the divorce, and does not provide alimony. I feel trapped in a repetitive cycle, and I desperately want to bring my son here. Could you please suggest any organization or individual I can seek assistance from or speak to? It's important to note that this is not an asylum or refugee case, as we have obtained immigration through my family who reside in the US. I have been waiting for this opportunity for 14 years, and I am employed and capable of sponsoring my son. I just need guidance on which entity to approach.