IIO Tel contact (California)

kum A

Registered Users (C)
I read a lot of people contacting IIO and getting status info. Can someone provide the Tel No for IIO for CSC. To enquire abt I-485 status, do I need to provide WAC# or A# or both? I could not find the contact no in FAQ.

My case details:

RD: 12/04/00
ND: 12/18/00
FP: 04/05/01
WAC#: 01-055-XXXX
I-140 approved in Sep 2000 (with CP)
Filed I-485 (AOS) in Dec 2000

EAD and AP approved in 02/01.

I filed for AOS even though I chose CP in I-140. Will there be an extra processing delay in I-485 approval going for AOS since our I-140 approval from the consulate has to reach CSC? Any one in similar boat or having sailed thru succesfully in the situation can share the info.

Thanks,

kum_A

No Title

One of my friends also had this question : whether those people who choose CP at I-140 stage later on go for AOS find their cases delayed a bit ? He seems to have found something at www.immihelp.com, where it says that if you have chosen CP at I-140 stage, your file goes to NVC/consulate and when later on you go for AOS it takes some time to get your file back from NVC/consulate. I haven\'t read this, maybe you can try at the above site ...

No Title

I didn\'t choose CP but my I140 was sent to NVC(12/00). I asked my lawyer\'s assistance if we need to do something about it (maybe let NVC know that we\'ll go for AOS), she said "Don\'t worry about it now! Everthing will be fine!!" Yeah, right! We filed 485 in mid Jan. but we received Packet III in Feb. and on the cover letter is says "your file has been sent to the U.S. consulate in H.K."!!! I\'m still very upset about it! There\'s nothing we can do at that point becuase only INS can request NVC/consulate to send the file back! It definitely delayed the case! INS has just received my I140 from H.K. a couple of weeks ago. ANYWAY, YOU SHOULD CALL NVC RIGHT AWAY AND ASK THEM TO HOLD YOUR I140 IN THEIR OFFICE! Good luck!

No Title

dentyne:
   Even in my case, it was sent to my home consulate in Dec 00. Is there a way to find from IIO whether it was received by local INS from my home consulate. Can you post your case details? ND, FP date etc?