IIO experience

dmamsa

Registered Users (C)
I just wanted to share my experience talking to an IIO office on the phone (ya I got through :) in just 16 short minutes!)

The lady was very polite and answered all my questions. Basically I wanted to find out my i485 status (ND: 04/19/01 FP: 07/17/01). I was told that they just received my FP from the FBI (according to FBI they cleared the FP on 07/19/01, it took INS about 60 days to enter the info! :( ) She told me that my case is waiting to be assigned to a an IIO officer and it takes around 3 to 4 months.(aaargh!!).

Hope this helps! I have heard from various sources that once a case is ready to be assigned it usually clears within a month.. Keeping my fingers crossed!

FP WAC # mess

Hi, Dmamsa:
Did you noticed the case type on your FP notice is I485 or other? I did my FP in 7/01 too, however since on my FP notice, in the case type line, the INS filled I765 instead of I485. I am worrying about they probably can\'t connect the A# to my I485 application. I tried call INS today, but did not get luck. Any input will be great appreciated.

No Title

peter: Yes. My FP were ahead of schedule by 30 days or so.

gcwaiter wc: I did not pay attention! but I guess I have to believe the IIO officer. Keep trying you will get through (I was trying every day for the last couple of weeks!)

my WAC# 01-162-XXXXX