Igaters - Any Update On Amended I-140 Receipt Notices??

No Title

Congratulations. As per immigration-law.com, since the AC21 memo is also out, you should get your approval within the next 10-12 days.

No Title

Don\'y worry about Amended I-140 now as AC-21 memo is out and there is no need of Amen 140...... as far as I understand it. If you can change job after 180 days of I485 filing, then why amended I140? I am not a lawyer, consult you attorney. Just a thought.

No Title

I am worried because these IIO\'s can interpret this memo in any way. They shouln\'t come back and say that the memo did not address the company name change cases specifically!!! You never know. How do we verify that this memo talk about company name change cases too!!!

No Title

I think company name change should be treated same as employer change i.e. one change the job/employer after 180 days. What do u say? Check with your lawyer!!!!

No Title

PK LAL, thanks for your posting. I wish your statements come true. Me along with other company name change cases are waiting for a long... time. Good luck to you.

No Title

Company name changed from Mastech to IGATE after filing I485 but before completion of 180 days after I485 was filed. What happens in this case.

No Title

I don\'t think that\'s an issue. As per the memo, the law is effective from Oct 17, 2000. Most of us in IGTE filed our
485 back in Aug - Nov. 99 period. Even from the date of Oct 17, 2000, it\'s already passed the 180 days limit. VSC,
should not put our cases on hold any more. They need to either approve our cases or send some RFE
(like employment letter etc.,) and then adjudicate our cases. Since our LD has already filed an amended I-140,
they should take that as an RFE and approve our cases instead of sending a new one. Can some one call VSC
to verify whether the hold for our company employees has been removed or not. I called them just a couple of
days back and don\'t feel like calling them again today. Again, did any one received their I-140 receipt notice filed
during the first/second week of May? Thanks!