IGATE - Waiting for I140 -Called and IIO today morning :-(

VscEB3IndiaPD0998ND0999

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

Called and IIO today.Checking my case status she asked me whether my employer has filed the I140.I told her Yes and then ashe said,after you I140 is approved,then only your case will move forward. :-(
My company filed for proactive I140(though there was no RFEon that) only this May18th.I have not recvd the reciept yet.The IGate website says they have not recvd receipt for I140 filings on May. So my concern is Should the I140 be approved to link it with 485 or just recving the receipt should do???? How long it will take to approve amended I140???????

My PD became current this June

EB3 PD 09/98,RD/ND 09/99,FP 09/00,RFE for employment letter Feb01

Any inputs will be greatly appreciated..I dont have a clue abt this I140 thing!!!!

Thanks a lot buddys!!!

No Title

No, you do not need I-140 approval to link it. In fact the I-140 may not be processed until it is linked to I-485 since VSC is processing only I-140 expedite cases ( like pending I-485). VSC has been very slow in receipting the applications and so it may not have been entered into their system. Did The IIO try to locate your I-140 using your A#? If not, I would suggest you wait for 1-2 weeks and call up again to link the I-140. I called after about 3 weeks and was told that the applications are linked.

Hope this helps.

VSCRD1199

No Title

I applied on May 23rd, still no word on the receipt.
Planning to give 2 more weeks, then call them and try to link the I 140 and 485. Let us know if anybody who applied in May got any receipt.

No Title

Thankyou

I was not aware I could make them link it without the Reciept number.
I guess as you said,I will wait for two more weeks before annoying them again.Hope so I will recv the Reciept notice of I140 by then.

My company also applied on May .And my company send out a message stating that they havent recvd any reciept notices for I140 applied in May.Seems like there is postal room delay as per some other sites.

So,After linking both I140 and I485,can the 485 get approved before the I140 gets approved????Or does the 485 have to wait till the I140 gets approved??Any Idea on that???? Thanks a lot...

No Title

No.In fact only ysday i knew they filed a proactive I140 for me..
Anyways check with the HR department. Also,as someone said here,you can ask the IIO also to link your application with your A#