IGATE - spoke to IIO @ 11:15 am

@485

I spoke to an IIO who said they are waiting for visa number to be available for my case. What does that mean? I had spoke to another
person couple of weeks ago and she said she was going to talk to her
supervisor about the hold and amendment to I-140. The IIO I spoke to
today said there has been some actions/movement on my case after that. I
specifically asked her if there was still a hold on my case. She said
they are waiting for the visa number to be available for my case, since
I am from India. Does it mean I can expect a decision soon?

No Title

That just means you PD is not current as per Visa Bulletin. What is your PD? It may be current by June 1 if it is between 02/98 and 01/99.
That also shows IGATE did not go by PD when they filed I-140 amendmend as they claimed. I am not even sure whether they filed one for me even though my PD is in mid 97.

No Title

vsc9909: my PD is May 96. So there is no question of priority date not being current.

igtewaiting: No I did not ask specifically ask for I-140 approval, because last time I was told that I cannot check on that as I-140 is done by the company. So only IGATE can do that.

Back to my question, what does visa # not available mean?

No Title

They sure must have messed up something. Call them back and tell them your PD is may 96 which is current. My guess is when they processed your amended I-140 they must have put a wrong PD (like May 2001 !) on it. Call them and ask them to correct it. Hope you get approved soon.

No Title

Not true. Each quarter a certain number of visa are alloted to each country. Of course, with the new rule we should not have any shortage of numbers. But, the gist of the matter is if they run out of numbers for a quarter, they wait till the next quarter to release the next quarters number ( a certain number alloted a country within a quarter ). With the implementation of the new rule .. this will go out of the window since China and India get numbers alloted to other countries that they did not use ! Hope that explanation helps !