IGATE/MASTECH approvals...

Intrepid

Registered Users (C)
I know couple of Emplifi/Mastech guys who got their approval notices recently. They got their approvals within a month after the fingerprinting.

What\'s INS doing ? Doesn\'t the name change law apply to evryone ?

No Title

Do you know if they received any RFE or not? What are their Notice dates?

My Take on this is that INS will wait for regulations until April 15. After that they cannot legally ask for I-140 redos. So you can expect a rush of Mastech/Igate approvals where employment letters have already been submitted. And for all those people with NDs in Oct 99 and beyond who had their FPs done recently, they will never get an RFE for I-140 Redo. So I am looking for a rapid pace of approvals beyond April 15,01.

Just my 2 cents worth.

VSCRD1199

No Title

No they did not get any RFE. I don\'t know their exact ntice dates. My guess is 10/99.

My notice date is 06/99 and I was fingerprinted in January 2001.I am still waiting...

No Title

only cleaners and carpenters are working in INS they are so stupid they don\'t follow any rules and regulations to approve whatever they see they approve that\'s I know. I also work for mastech and waiting. my pd 04/97 rd 08/99 nd 09/99 fd 08/00

No Title

To all the merry web surfers: Time between FP and stamp on GC:
Here are the vital statistics:
Category - EB2 (RIR)
485 RD – Jan. 2000
485 ND – Feb. 2000
My Priority Date (PD) is April 1999
FP: March 2000
Regional Center - VSC (Vermont)
Local Center – Baltimore
Am I on track? Any anamolies?

No Title

Intrepid,

I really sympathize with you. You are overly delayed. Did you get any RFE for I-140 Redo. Did you ever try to call IIO ( I know Legal discourages that)? I think you should contact your Senators office for help since VSC is already processing 4 months past your ND. If you did get an RFE for I-140 redo, wait till after April 15 and things may move faster. However, I think you should contact your senator.

vscrd1199

No Title

Hey EYE GATE - Your details re like mine - PD 7/97,RD 8/99,ND 9/99 FP done 8/00 and then....... IIO says put on hold due to name change.A friend of mine whose PD is 11/97 with ND of 10/99 got RFE last friday asking Employer\'s letter and tax returns.I don\'t have a clue if INS has any kind of standard they are following or they handle it haphazardly..Reading this board does not indicate any pattern.Guess all we can do is WAIT like we have for the past 3+years

Good luck(if we have any! )

No Title

VSCRD1199,
I did not get RFE. I called IIO many times. everytime I call them they get annoyed becuase the first thing they say is "Hmm! Looks like you have called 7-8 times before". And then the real conversation starts.
I just hope things move faster after 4/15.

Good luck to you all.

No Title

Is your friend is also from Mastech ??
Most of my friends (Mastech\'s) I-485 is on-Hold and IIO always says that they are still
waiting for instructions from their superiors.
I got a RFE in Dec-00 Paystub/I-140 Redo but nothing happened after that still waiting.

No Title

All, any ideas ? what we can do to make approval fast ?
IIO told me same thing. I called every week, they keep count of the
num. of calls I made. My case also on HOLD for company name chnge ?
Why did they change company name ? I thinking that they did that thing
to slow the I-485 ?

But is there any thing now we can do to make thing faster ?
I thnk of no idea at this time.

No Title

i also from mastech...PD 11/96...RD/ND 08/99 . NO rfe ...lot of times called INS " your case is with the office ..call after 6 weeks...i am getting the same answer from Jan \'01...so frustated...

I knew few of our friends from mastech got their apporval (no rfe) , pd 06/97 .

No Title

Let\'s wait till April 15th. My guess is guidelines would be issued by then. If that doesn\'t help then I suggest that we write to Senators/Congressman.

Let me know what you guys think.

No Title

Today one of Mastech employee got his I-485 aproval. His PD is 1996. I still don\'t understand what in the world makes them to put some cases on hold because of company name change and others to process. My case is still on hold although both on I-140 and I485 has the same name Mastech. My pd is Aug 96, ND Sep. 99 and FP aug. 2000.

No Title

I would not credit INS with ability to detect all company name change cases. My guess is that when Mastech informed INS of name change, INS must have requested Mastech to give EAC nos of all their applicants. Whatever cases whose EAC nos were provided must have been put on hold. Some EAC numbers slipped through the process (?) and are not put on hold by INS. That is my guess. Now with the kind of layoffs they are doing I cannot reason out their logic in not proactively filing I-140 redos. We must pressure LD to do that. Thats the best they can do at the moment,

No Title

I encountered some of the cases - friends only - all EMPLIFI/IGATE clones

1.Poeple with June 96 - waiting (some) some got green card - some did not
2.People with PD Aug 96 - waiting
3.People with PD Sep 96 - Issued RFE in September - Changed MASTECH-EMPLIFI got green card in January
4.People with PD Apr 96 - Issued green card last October
5.People with PD Dec 96 - RFE issued in October 2000 - Got green card in Feb
6.People with PD Apr 97 ( my case) with FP in Aug 2000 - waiting no RFE
7.People with PD 11/97 issued RFE

Inference: The LEFT HAND AT VSC DOES NOT KNOW WHAT THE RIGHT HAND IS DOING.

I can get a ration card in India easily nowadays as compared to a Green card here.

You will be sure only when you get it. Trackers are there ...but still unable to predict the VSC\'s approval patterns.

Hey ! Ram!

No Title

Well they cannot take April 16 away from us (180 days from Oct 17). I guess all will learn their lessons, easy way or hard way. I personally talked to IIO and they told me they will process I-485 if amended I-140is approved. I-140 is now a low priority at vermont but it is still better than nothing.

No Title

This do not look nice to me. Why no one in legal depatment is not talking about any plans with us ? Why silence ? Why no conference on phone about the problem with us ? Is legal simply wait for INS to take any amount of time before acting ? what is next plan if INS take more time for final rules about new law ? Why legal not aksing INS about this issue - why some approved and other some on hold ?

No Title

I had a little conversation with Tripti she says

Vermont service center has said that I-485 cases are on hold whether or not
an amended I-140 has been filed. It is the position that INS has taken.
Filing "proactive" I-140\'s will not be of any use. We have already asked the
INS if we could do this.

Any news will be posted on the employee-only immigration website.

No Title

Guys, do you think writing to senators/congressman about this discrepencies in I485 processing will help.

IGATE will not ask the INS why certain applications are on hold while others ( in the same category) are getting processed.

We all are waiting for April 17th but what is the guarantee that INS will process our applications in proper order after the 17th.

No Title

I do not know whether it will be of much help. But we should try. My point is after April 16th I am going to quit these guys who wont do anything to help us. They will only layoff if project ends. So I am going to get a permenent job, put my worries behind me and let INS take their own sweet time in approving the case.