If you are Farm or Ranch Manager qualify for EB2

eppo_varum_enGC

Registered Users (C)
If you are managing a farm or ranch take care of cows, horses, fishes ect.., you will be defintly qualify for EB2. On the other hand if you are a Aerospace engineer and even if you work for NASA you are eligible for EB3 only.

Farm Managers are superior than all engineers including Aerospace engineer, Biomedical engineer as per DOL. Aerospace engineers and teahers of kindergarten teachers are in same catagory. This is the wonderful occupational classification by DOL.

Another serious doubt, why DOL expects Bachlors degree for kindergarten teahers to teach A B C D?

Guys search Farm or Ranch to file in EB2 if you face visa retrogrssion. :) (just joke.. Dont serious)

Plese go thro final PERM rule published by DOL

eppo_varum_enGC said:
If you are managing a farm or ranch take care of cows, horses, fishes ect.., you will be defintly qualify for EB2. On the other hand if you are a Aerospace engineer and even if you work for NASA you are eligible for EB3 only.

Farm Managers are superior than all engineers including Aerospace engineer, Biomedical engineer as per DOL. Aerospace engineers and teahers of kindergarten teachers are in same catagory. This is the wonderful occupational classification by DOL.

Another serious doubt, why DOL expects Bachlors degree for kindergarten teahers to teach A B C D?

You HAVE TO HAVE Bachelor degree - preferably in Educaton - if its in something else than Education, you have to work extra towards State Teaching License by enrolling into State approved Teacher preparation program and many States even ask for Masters degree as equivalent to the State Teaching License....you can always start teaching with just Bachelor degree in something, but they usually give you between 1 and 3 years to complete requirements for full State Teaching License...
If you have questions, feel free to ask, I dare say I know enough on the issue to give advice.....

And you CANNOT go with PERM if a teacher does not satisfy State requirements for FULL State Teaching License.... :mad: :mad: ..

Guys search Farm or Ranch to file in EB2 if you face visa retrogrssion. :) (just joke.. Dont serious)

Plese go thro final PERM rule published by DOL

Can a Teacher qualify for EB2.

My Wife has a Masters in commerce from India, after coming here she completed the Licensure in Elementary Education from a University in NC and then applied and received a license to Teach in NC.
She received a job offer from a Public school, which procesed her H1B .She is working for the school from Oct 2004. She did not have any teaching experience ,just 6months of Voluntary work.

Another question i have is that is it possible to apply for National Interest Waiver. She is working for the poorest county in NC. This school system has a lot of teachers on J1 Visa - in short they have a hard time finding teachers.

We are planning to file my wifes application using PERM in March. The school systems started Ads for my wife from Oct itself, besides that they have her job posted on the school web site. They also had her job posted on the school bulletin board for 2 weeks.

Last edited by a moderator:
bsnf said:
Can a Teacher qualify for EB2.

My Wife has a Masters in commerce from India, after coming here she completed the Licensure in Elementary Education from a University in NC and then applied and received a license to Teach in NC.
She received a job offer from a Public school, which procesed her H1B .She is working for the school from Oct 2004. She did not have any teaching experience ,just 6months of Voluntary work.

Another question i have is that is it possible to apply for National Interest Waiver. She is working for the poorest county in NC. This school system has a lot of teachers on J1 Visa - in short they have a hard time finding teachers.

We are planning to file my wifes application using PERM in March. The school systems started Ads for my wife from Oct itself, besides that they have her job posted on the school web site. They also had her job posted on the school bulletin board for 2 weeks.

Honestly, I dont know if Teachers qualify for EB2, I know for sure that she has to have Full State Teaching License for PERM....

But go to NC Department of Education web site and check if NC TEaching Licensure means equivalent of Masters degree. In that case my guess is that you can do something...Also get a good lawyer to work on PERM advertisements with school county.

Also check with lawyer about your wife's previous teaching exp, and if employer did not ask for previous exp in ads than she should be fine.

My wife lost two teaching jobs last year due to H1 visa numbers unavailability. She is in the Masters program but did not finish it yet.
:( You guys are in good shape.

Last edited by a moderator:
Even I don't think Teacher's qualify for EB2 - just wanted to check with someone else. My Lawyer says that if the school is willing to put Master's as a requirement then we can file by EB2 - this is a public school we did'nt even bother to ask. My Wife had her Liciense before she got the job.The school put a simple ad - "Looking for a 3rd Grade Teacher" - did not mention any requirements.

Sorry to hear that your wife missed a couple of jobs, hopefully it works out the next school year. All the best to you guys.