If I get EAD approved and if I have choice, is it better to choose H1-B or EAD?

sxm24

Registered Users (C)
I am waiting for my EAD? I still have three more years of H1-B. (I am not concerned abt spouse EAD, since spouse has green card...got before marriage). Now, if my EAD gets approved, I have a choice to apply for fresh 3 years of H1-B (with my same company) or change to EAD/AP.
  Which is better? Your comments are appreciated.

No Title

keshta dont act funny!! u dont even know what is EB1,EB2 and EB3...?? only if u use EAD is ur H1B invalid

No Title

I would like to choose H1B if I were you. You can use EAD when you change your job or when you want to take part-time jobs.
I\'m using EAD card to work because my H1B is pending. I have no choice.

Maggie

No Title

For using EAD yu will have to fill the form I-9 with your company. As long as you dont do that you are a H-1B. Using EAD vs. H-1B is based on individual circumstances. Once you change to EAD, you cannot go back to H-1B. Let me know if you have any questions.

Click on the search button and search with my name helper007, a few days ago I have posted a small article on this subject.

Good Luck.

No Title

Keshta, Please dont post messages like that. We appreciate your taking the initiative but one must understand the basic terminology and at the same time you can give a wrong suggestion unknowingly.

Thanks for your understanding.

No Title

What if one changes jobs with the help of EAD and files a I-9 form with the new company, but at the same time the old employer\'s H1-B has not been cancelled..? What status will they be on according to INS records ?
My understanding is that I-9 form is only for the IRS records and I dont expect the INS and IRS to update each other ..Any comments ?

-vk100

No Title

you mean - it is not possible to file for a H1 with some other company (or may be with the same company where you started to work with EAD) after we take the full time job on EAD? Meaning, you can stay for one more year and has to go back.

In short, we are safe if we take a part time with EAD and continue on H1 is safer. Is this correct?

No Title

Keep using your H-1B. If I485 fails, you still can use H-1B status working in US but EAD can\'t.