If court denies asylum relief could Biden's pathway to Green Card help?

Hope20

Hi,
my asylum case was referred to immigration court. It is rescheduled for April (Master hearing). I came here on a student F1 visa and applied afterwards for asylum. So i assume i am considered an overstay right?

If asylum is not granted to me in court, does Biden's pathway to citizenship and green card (if passed) apply to me since i m out of status and been here for over 10 years already?
I have ssn, work permit, am essential worker, pay taxes and will be a registered nurse soon working in covid emergency rooms.

Hi,
my asylum case was referred to immigration court. It is rescheduled for April (Master hearing). I came here on a student F1 visa and applied afterwards for asylum. So i assume i am considered an overstay right?

If asylum is not granted to me in court, does Biden's pathway to citizenship and green card (if passed) apply to me since i m out of status and been here for over 10 years already?
I have ssn, work permit, am essential worker, pay taxes and will be a registered nurse soon working in covid emergency rooms.
Biden's plan is for the illegal immigrants (those who have been in the US without any work document)
There is no way it will pass because the republicans will lose their voters and it will create an incentive for everyone to become undocumented in the US

That clause was put in precisely so that there would not be an incentive of the sort you say. I agree for other reasons it coild he difficult to pass, but that particular reason doesn’t seem a valid one imo.
This is going to set a precedent for others that if we overstay our visa, ten years later a liberal president will give us amnesty.

This is going to set a precedent for others that if we overstay our visa, ten years later a liberal president will give us amnesty.
The last amnesty was by Reagan in 1986, so by your logic there should have been one in 1996, another in 2006 and the 3rd in 2016. Nobody has a clue what the effects or repercussion will be , absolutely no clue.

That clause was put in precisely so that there would not be an incentive of the sort you say. I agree for other reasons it coild he difficult to pass, but that particular reason doesn’t seem a valid one imo.

This individual has a habit of making emotional but factually incorrect statements....

Rotfl. Great planning ahead :D:rolleyes: for those kind of people willing to overstay ten years to wait for an amnesty that may or may not happen under a president that may or may not be liberal... they would probably have overstayed anyway.

is this the same plan that only applies to people who were already in the US by 1 January this year?
Not just that but also to those who were deported as of Jan 2017, ergo under trump.

I believe he has to exaggerate and over correct it so that he can take some parts out when negotiating with republicans.

I have written this elsewhere on this forum.

Do not plan your immigration issues, thinking that a new admin will change the law and help you. Do not do it. If you do, be prepared to be disappointed.

There was lots of hope in 2008 when a new administration campaigned promising etc. They won, and controlled the house, the senate, and the white house. One of my friends told me that now that a new admin was in, they will pass a comprehensive immigration plan, with a pathway to citizenship for the undocumented. We all know what happened. It s 12 years later.

good luck.