iEAD experience at charlotte

srinivas_h

I owe this to you guys...sorry for the delay in my posting

My wife got her iEAD at charlotte three weeks back. BCIS officers were nice and we got it done prettly easily.

Thanks to feb6361 and others for your responses to my
earlier posting.

Here is how it went...

We started in raleigh at 4:45am and reached BCIS office at 7:30am. There were already 20 in line ahead of us. Doors opened at 7:50am and it took ~30 minutes to get our chance at reception. We told the guy at the reception that we are here
for iEAD as its already 90 days past receipt date. He gave us the EAD application to fill and told us to put pending in approval and charlotte in INS office columns . He gave us the token which was 3rd in that category. Then waiting started.

Our number was called at 9:15. Lady Officer asked my wife for old EAD, the receipt of pending application and she also asked if we have a copy of that receipt. We didn't have copy of the receipt, so she made a copy herself and told us that we will be called after one hour. I guess she saw that we are tired, so officer joked that she can go out drink coffee and comeback.

We went out and came back after 45 minutes. At 10:15 we were called again for a photo. Temporary card was issued for 8 months. Officer told us to tear away the temporary one when we get the real one from VSC. We were out from there by 10:30.

Thanks guys for your help.

Originally posted by srinivas_h
I owe this to you guys...sorry for the delay in my posting

My wife got her iEAD at charlotte three weeks back. BCIS officers were nice and we got it done prettly easily.

Thanks to feb6361 and others for your responses to my
earlier posting.

Here is how it went...

We started in raleigh at 4:45am and reached BCIS office at 7:30am. There were already 20 in line ahead of us. Doors opened at 7:50am and it took ~30 minutes to get our chance at reception. We told the guy at the reception that we are here
for iEAD as its already 90 days past receipt date. He gave us the EAD application to fill and told us to put pending in approval and charlotte in INS office columns . He gave us the token which was 3rd in that category. Then waiting started.

Our number was called at 9:15. Lady Officer asked my wife for old EAD, the receipt of pending application and she also asked if we have a copy of that receipt. We didn't have copy of the receipt, so she made a copy herself and told us that we will be called after one hour. I guess she saw that we are tired, so officer joked that she can go out drink coffee and comeback.

We went out and came back after 45 minutes. At 10:15 we were called again for a photo. Temporary card was issued for 8 months. Officer told us to tear away the temporary one when we get the real one from VSC. We were out from there by 10:30.

Thanks guys for your help.

"Please inform your personal experiences in issuance of interim EAD. Send mail to rskhanna@immigration.com "