iEAD at San Jose

showmegc

Registered Users (C)
Plan to go for iEAD early next week. EAD renewal WAC 03 - 125 - XXXX RD March 12.

I-765 application
765 original receipt
I140 approval notice copy
I485 receipt notice copy
Passport
old EAD
Driver license

Any other document needed. Can some one post recent iEAD experience at San Jose office. Do we have to reach there by 5 am still???

Will post my experience

WAC 020 70 XXXXXX

I've asked two friends who were there recently - one arrived at 6:30 and was done by 9:20. The other arrived at 7:15 and was done by 11:00. Both went on a Wednesday.

Long...... wait

Reached 6.30 am - done by 3 pm. Except that no other problem.

Take lots of reading material, etc to kill the time. Also, based on your ticket number and speed of processing, you can get out and come back (follow this on your own risk), if you like.

my 2 cents.. apply EAD, AP, etc 6 months before expiry to avoid the iEAD experience.

Went at 4:30 in the morning, entered INS to collect the token at 7:30 (token number was 14)
Token number was called at 8:30 (submitted the docs)
Photo session at 9:30
Collected iEAD at 9:40.

Hope this helps

Went on Thursday - reached by 1 a.m - 4th in line
Went on Mon - reached at 3:15 a.m. - 12th in line

It helps to carry a copy of I765 application

Do we need cash for the Iead?

is there in any case we need cash for the Iead? if the ead is approved then why issue iead in the first place? Please advise, I will go next week, thanks

If your I765 has been approved by the time you show up, BCIS has:
1. met the date (within 90 days)
2. probably ordered the card

So if you want to leave with a physical card IMMEDIATELY, they take your photo and give you a laminated card. You get to pay $120 for the privilege.

Some companies want a physical card as proof of valid employment authorization. An EAD card reaches u abt 15 days after approval. In such a case, it makes sense to pay 120$ for a physical interim card than to lose pay of 15 days waiting for the EAD card to reach u.

Relevance of I765 original and I140 approval

My lawyer usually never responds to our requests and for now I don't have my I765 original and no copy of I140 approval notice. Would you recommed me to go with them or can I make a try without them. I only have copy of I765 notice.