Iead < 90

everOptimistic

Guys,

Getting IEAD < 90 like everything else is a crap shoot. You go with all your docs, and pray the guy was treated well by his significant other the nite before.

We went a day before our EAD expired and roughly 3 weeks before the 90 day thingy.

I def. suggest be one of the first, so when they deal with you they haven't been pissed by any morons yet, with incomplete documentation etc.

I went to SFO. The guy who handed out the tokens wasn't very helpful. In fact he didn't even want to give me the token. I think he wasn't treated well by his wife the nite before.

Well, he grudingly gave it, and said it was upto the guy at the counter. He even wrote <90 days on our tokens.

Anyways, the guy at the counter just pulled us up on the computer, didn't really care to look at the "cancelled check'". (Trust Vipsha and others know what that means by now).
We had printed our case status info for the EAD apps, as we didn't have receipts, still don't.

He did refuse to stamp the GC in our passports. :)

Good Luck!

"cancelled check'". (Trust Vipsha and others know what that means by now).
We had printed our case status info for the EAD apps, as we didn't have receipts, still don't.

I am not clear on this statement please make me understand.

And another thing you went to get iEAD and he did not stamp your PP ? Did your 485 approved or what ?

I am little bit confused.

What document is needed to get i-EAD?

Can someone give me a check list of things to bring to get i-EAD? I finally get EAD renewal receipt today, two months after filing. I plan to test my luck to get i-EAD before 90 days.

Please give me a list of document to take to get i-EAD before 90 days.

Thank you in advance.

Found it! Found it!

Sorry about being lazy. I feel bad. Here is a good one in the archive in case it help others.

WAC02-046-5xxxx

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

p001 posted in 5/30/02 as follows:

Here are my 2 cents
1. What documents to take?
a) Photo ID (Passport or California Drivers License)
b) Prepare a I-765 application
b) I-765 Receipt Notice
c) I-485 Receipt Notice (Optional, but better to keep with you)
Thats it!

2. Photos?
Not required.

3. Fees?
No, (make sure that your case is still pending by checking AVM)

4. How to find out which INS to go to?
Check INS.gov for local INS office (I am not sure whether you need to go to SFO INS office or San Jose INS office)

5. Signature Card?
Not Required

ImmigrateMe,

Thanks so much for taking it in the right spirit and taking the extra effort to post it here for others. I have passed on the info to Silly Man to incorporate it in the EAD FAQ. The next time someone asks this quesiton we can always point them to the right place.

Thanks once again.

first IEAD < 90 days

guys here please advise

I have applied for the first EAD in FEB. got recipt notice this month. The 90 day counter (from RD) will be over in scond week of May.

Since this is my first EAD application, just wanted to know if I should try my luck for IEAD in the coming week, that is two weeks before 90 days (from RD)

If, yes then should I go to SFO or San Jose. It would be helpful if someone can give me the address.

EAD: RD Feb6; ND Apr16

thanks