Ideas-Local office (chicago) I485 DENIED due to ABSENCE for interview

me_mygc_mylife

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

My sisters 485 was filed with chicago address at NSC (2002 aug PD).Later she moved to PA( sent AR11) and she got her 2 EAD's and 2 FP's directly at PA address. Her case was transferred to chicago local office instead of PA.

She later moved to NJ(sent AR11 and NSC cant update address as case is in chicago) and her attorney sent a request to chicago local office to transfer her case to NJ local office as it was wrongly sent to chicago.

Later she renewed her IEAD at NJ local office and was awaiting results of her 485.

Yesterday she learnt that she got a 485 DENIED notice at initial chicago address stating that they are denying her application as she didnot attend April 20th interview for 485.

She never got a interview letter at any of the addresses,but she got the denied letter at chicago (1st) address.

Any ideas,planning to file MTR but all these local transfers are a big mess and its frustrating.

Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.

Thx

similar situation

Hi,

I am in a similar situatin - Can you please let me know what you did to come out of it ? I am in a tough spot - since they say my EAD expires in 15 days..

any help or advise is appreciated.

regards,
gc_Canadian.

i-485 Denied due to abscence on Interview

Hello Friend,

Please help me with your advice on I-485 as my application was denied due to absence at the interview time as they are office is telling they send the interview notice on october . Truth is that I have't received the interview letter and after 6 months they send a notice that my aplication was denied and when i enquire with them they are telling that they send the letter to the address and it was never returned back to them as undelivered. I have't changed my address also. same case for my ead which was returned to them but got back the card after calling the helpdesk. same thing i done for I-485.
Please help me with ur advice what to do in that situation. In the denial letter they told that my EAD will expire due to denial of I-485 within 15 days even though it is valid till November 2007. Please help me what to do to solve this.

I have contacted an attorney and is doing motion to reopen by paying $385.
Please advice me if motion to reopen is a good thing to do in this situation and do i need to refile I-765 again to get work authorization.
Please help me, my email id is epurappad06@yahoo.com

Your's Faithfully

Last edited by a moderator: