ICE RAID IN Chicago Area

Immihelpsb

Hi,
I had an ICE Raid this morning and was asked for an interview at the local office.the interview went 1 hr and they served me an NTA Even though i applied for COS H4 (fedex tracking number) and conditional offer from university, they did not listen.
I am student there and never taken CPT.The ICE agent said that they had orders to issue NTA and i dont have any option. The Court hearing is not mentioned in the NTA.

1) Do i need to call the ICE agent to find out abt that or i have option to select a date once i hire a deportation lawyer.
2) what are the chances of me getting not deported.
3) what should my next steps.
Please Help

Hi
First you need to get yourself a lawyer. You can request voluntary departure or you can request for your NTA to be revoked saying that you have got an admission from an university

2 ICE representatives came to my doorstep as well in the morning on 2/16, I was handcuffed and taken to their local office. The Agent who interrogated me and took my statement, gave me 2 options - leave the country or go with the lawyer. I took the 2nd option. The agent gave me a NTA, the date is not mentioned.

The Agent said if I get admission in any school, they are going to delete this case file from the system and have no record of my case, but if I fail to do so then I will have to appear in court and face a hearing. Felt so humilliated that day....the agent said technically they arrested me.

Any suggestions for me how I should move on from here....I have applied to 2 schools, submitted my transcripts and other paperwork, have also contacted SEVP- they walked me through the process for reinstatement.

At this point I have not received any acceptance letter or I-20 from the school. And do I myself fill out the I539 form or wait till I get accepted by the school and then the school can take care of that....?????

Appreciate your help!!!
Thanks

Are you on direct F1 or changed your status?
Try some universities if you have GRE score. like startford or some others. If you dont have GRE u can try UNVA for time being and later u can move to some good college.

Are you on direct F1 or changed your status?
Try some universities if you have GRE score. like startford or some others. If you dont have GRE u can try UNVA for time being and later u can move to some good college.
It would be a really bad idea to go to UNVA or similar fakes. They have done the same kind of CPT abuse. They are one of the next ones to be raided.
Stratford, while accredited, apparently also has done shady CPT deals.
Stay away from all these shady institutions.
Have you not learned from this TVU mess???

Hi,

I am an affected student of Tri Valley University. I came on B1/B2 in
sept'09 then got my status changed to F1, i went to State Uni.of NY
for 1 semester then transfered to Tri Valley.
After I transfered to Tri Valley , within 10 days it got shut down. Am
I out of status, and if so then how long can I be like this? Also, in
case I leave the US and try to come back on H1B will it be difficult
to get H1B.
I have spoken to an employer, they are ready to file my H1B but I wont
be allowed to work till Oct.1-2011, so how can I live till Oct,1,2011.
In case the same employer sends me to one of their sites in Dubai or
S.Africa, will I be able to file H1B? And what will be the chances to
get it.

Your response is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Hi user50,

I am in the same boat as you. Did you hire a lawyer? I am looking for one, but did not find any yet.
Please let me know.
Thanks!!

Hi help5user,

I have not hired any lawyer until now, too expensive and dont have any info on how to go about it. I would suggest the only option left is to enroll in a school and apply reinstatement if you you do not have a change of status option.

All the best.