I94 when travelling on AP

rsc

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,

I am prompted to ask this after reading Murthy's recent article about I-94. What I 94 should we give to the airline people? I am guessing we give the last one we have. The doubt is because it will have a valid to date in the past. I hope that is not a problem.

Also, with AP on coming back to USA, do we stand in the Green Card queue or the normal one?

Thanks.

rsc said:
Hi all,

I am prompted to ask this after reading Murthy's recent article about I-94. What I 94 should we give to the airline people? I am guessing we give the last one we have. The doubt is because it will have a valid to date in the past. I hope that is not a problem.

Also, with AP on coming back to USA, do we stand in the Green Card queue or the normal one?

Thanks.
normal queue; you will have two checks, during second check[in ins room] they isuue new I-94 based on your AP docs.

while leaving US they just take whatever I/94 you have in ur passport.

I-94

INS2004Filer said:
while leaving US they just take whatever I/94 you have in ur passport.
I am in the same situation, could you elaberate which I-94 airline will take? Like most people, I have multiple I-94s, and the most recent one is cut from my H1B Approval Notice. I also had one from my last entry through Canada.

It's just my guess: maybe it does not matter which one they take, since they should have the SAME I-94 number, right? I don't know, please help!
:confused: :confused:

All I-94

I was in the same situation, when i left to India (Oct 16) surrenderd both I-94.
At the time of return I came (nov 14 - EWR) through the Green card and citzen queue ( not in normal queue) and the officer took me to the another room to the next officer, he took a < 1 minute to give a new I-94.
So overall using AP is not at all a problem, you can come out from the immigration very fast (normal queue will be a bigger one).
usrfdluj said:
I am in the same situation, could you elaberate which I-94 airline will take? Like most people, I have multiple I-94s, and the most recent one is cut from my H1B Approval Notice. I also had one from my last entry through Canada.

It's just my guess: maybe it does not matter which one they take, since they should have the SAME I-94 number, right? I don't know, please help!
:confused: :confused:

Now I am confused! :)

Atleast there is no confusion with I-94. Give the latest one.

I don't think either queue is that big. Maybe I will just ask the officer there.

Thanks all.