I94 expires in 2months. need help

chaa0001

hi
i am on h4. my h4 visa expires within 2months, but i have new h4 which expires in 2003. i came to usa for second time. at the port of entry INS officers saw my old visa stamp & issued I94 on that which say i am permitted to stay in usa for 2 more months. my new h4 paper was not seen by them.
please help me on this critical issue. i don\'t want to get out of status.
thanks

No Title

Hi,
  Please contact a immigration lawyer immediately before the 2 months expire and he will ask you to fill out Form I-539(change/extend status) and send it to the INS with appropriate fees & docs.

Do not get confused with most of the lawyers crap talk as they might tell you things to scare you. This process is very simple and the form lists out the documents needed. You can check out the INS site for the form & download it and read the instructions.

I believe the current original I-797 & all the previous I-797 of your husband, your passport & copies of all pages, husband\'s passport copies, paystub , letter of continued employment are required. It takes about 3 months for the same to come back but you are safe as lond as you file the application before the I-94 expiry.

Please do not confuse with the H1 stamp in the Visa. The I-94 determines the validity of the stay in the USA and thus file the form ASAP and let the immigration lawyer handle this or else you may be out of status and thus subject to a 3 year ban.

I hope this helps out.