I89 card

pandi

Registered Users (C)
Everybody,
Me and my wife filed our cases together, i got my greencard in october of 2004, I called the customer service number today, and an immigration officer said, that My wife's I89 CARD does not have an photo. hence the delay, he asked us to set an infopass appointment and go to dallas and get this corrected

my questions,
I did not recieve an approval notice for my wife,
My assumption is that an I89 card will be prepared only after an I551 stamping
my spouse did not recieve and approval notice yet,

can any of you provide me some information on in I89 card, this is the first time i am hearing about this, your help is highl appreciated

Thanks
Pandi

hey Pandi- I am in the same boat. I am the spouse and have not recieved an approval email, message or letter, but I am approved and have been told to go to local center for I-89. The officers I spoke to didn't seem too sure about what the situation was with this- one of them said that completing the I-89 will get an approval sent to me- the other said that the I-89 is to order a greencard.

from what I can gatehr formt he forum, the I89 is the document you sign and fingerprint with photo to get a greencard processed- I don;t know if this also gets a passport stamp.

jacquelina,
Thanks for the input, did you by any chance go to the service center, to visit with a offices, or you did not, I am trying to avoid a trip to dallas, I live far away from dallas.

hey pandi, no- I have not been yet- It took me a while ot get an infopass appointment an dit is in two weeks time. I spoke to the immigration officer over the phone.

I89 info please

Can anyone tell me what the I89 form is for? I have been waiting like the rest for ever and now I have to the Los angeles service center for it. Any info would be great. Thanks, RM

Did I89

I got a notice that my finger print has expired , then i got a notice to complete I89 with photos. I went to Atlanta Application support center and they did form I89 with index finger print and i gave two photos of mine. Am waiting

PD Mar 2002
EB2 India
Current since April 1 2006
Waiting ...