I485 Transfer Case Approved

saprano

Registered Users (C)
Glad to finally share with you all that our 485 trasfer case to Tampa from TSC has been approved. Here are the details:

Got to Tampa BCIS office just before 10:00AM for the interview. We were called in after almost and hour wait around 11:00AM. Officer took my wife and I in a small room and took our signatures and finger prints on a form called something like "permanent residence Initial card ...". Right then and there I knew everything is going to turn out just fine.

Officer then took us to his office where he asked us to be seated. He verified our current address, names, place and date of birth, and then asked for our passports. Officer took out our I-94 forms form the passports and told us that these I94s will be going away and that we do not need those anymore. He informed us that he will be stamping our passports today with I551 stamp, and we will receive our permanent residency cards in the mail 2 to 3 months from now. He said we need to go back to the waiting room and watch television there. He will stamp the passports and bring them to us. That was it

We were not asked for any of the documents that I took with me to the interview. Our I-551 stamp is valid for one year. I would like to thank all of you very much for your guidance, advice and support during past years. Thank You and good luck to all of you!!!!

ND 8/2001
TD 12/2003
2 FPs (later one requested by Tampa Office)