Registered Users (C)
Application Type: I485 , Application to Register Permanent Residence or
to Adjust Status

Current Status:

On October 28, 2004, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence
or information in this case. The notice explains in detail what
additional material is needed. If you have questions about the notice, what is
required, or if 14 days have passed and you have not received the
notice, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283.

I just checked my status on INS website and got the above message.
I was laid off by my previous employer in NC after I140 was approved and I485 submitted date is over 180 days. I found a job in TX. I sent a change address form to INS, but did not inform INS that I changed my Job.
My questions are:
1)RFE will direct mail to me or old Lawyer?

2)I called the old Lawyer and asked they forward the RFE to me, the lawyer said they could not release any file including my RFE to me without my previous employer permission. Any idea?

3)Should I hire another lawyer or continue to hire my old Lawyer if I could got my RFE either directly from INS or from my previous employer?

4)Is there any problem that I just informed INS my address change , but not job change?

I140/I485 ND: 8/20/03
I140 AD:4/04
I485 RFE:10/25/04

You should have informed USCIS of job change and taken advantage of AC21. Since you filed an address change it is obvious that you moved from one geographical location to the other. They probably want to see if your new job is same or similar to what is stated in the labor cert, employment verification letter, W2 and paystubs. Hire an attorney ASAP!!

Last edited by a moderator:
NC001 said:
I was laid off by my previous employer in NC after I140 was approved and I485 submitted date is over 180 days. I found a job in TX. I sent a change address form to INS, but did not inform INS that I changed my Job.
My questions are:

It will go to lawyer.

2)I called the old Lawyer and asked they forward the RFE to me, the lawyer said they could not release any file including my RFE to me without my previous employer permission. Any idea?

Your ex-attorney is wrong. I-485 is your petition (not your employer), therefore he/she cannot refuse it. You should demand it from your ex-attorney. Also, you can hire a new attorney and give your ex-attorney's phone number and let them handle.

3)Should I hire another lawyer or continue to hire my old Lawyer if I could got my RFE either directly from INS or from my previous employer?

That, you have to figure out - whichever path is convenient for you.

4)Is there any problem that I just informed INS my address change , but not job change?

No. There is no problem. AC-21 is not mandatory. But as you got RFE, it's better to send AC-21 stuffs alongwith your RFE reply.

NC001 said:

I just checked my status on INS website and got the above message.
My questions are:

No need to panic, relax and deal the matter patiently

1. Your old attorney will receive the RFE becz he has filed G-28 when u filled 485.

NC001 said:

You asked right question in wrong way to him thats why he replied like that,

You should ask him telling him this way ' That You(Attorney) still representing my case, I understand that RFE has been issued regarding 485, I like you to reply this RFE on behalf on me Although my previous employer took care of all of your charges but, I would be glad to pay any extra effort you do for my case, and I would appreciate it"

that the words you needed to tell him instead of asking give me my RFE. (even 485 is your pettition and empl has nothing to do with it. you do have right to ask ur RFE but time is running out)

So be smart and spending $$ would save ur time and any headache. and best thing is visit there and pay cash$$, trust me :D. as soon they see cash$$ they immidiately change attitute. :D. this not becz they are bad but nature of field. think in this way u have to pay ur new attorney anyway and new attorney will charge more than old one.

NC001 said:
already answered, don't waste ur time keep continue same attorney give some $$ and see magic. :D RFE has been issued and you are going out of time.... don't waste any single day...

NC001 said:

All Aliens from same plant on this land (USA) must submit AR-11 within 10 days when change the address.

Not clear when did u change the address you should have done before.

I noticed three things you should have done before u didn't
1. change of address very important
2. Change of Attorney or you should have talked with possible RFE situation with ur old empl attorney, and if he had seen cooperation than u must continued, else u should have hire new one and had filled G-28. so all crospondence would be redirect to new attorney.....

Now there is no 'Crying over split Milk' be smart make quick decission spend some $$. get GC quick.

Good Luck

Last edited by a moderator: