I485-RFE - Evidence for nonimmigrant status

murthyquestion

Hi

I have been asked the below question from USCIS on my I485, when I applied for EAD extension.

Evidence to establish that you maintained nonimmigrant status in the United states beginning on Jan 2004 and ending on Oct 1, 2004. This may include the following
• Photocopy of your current passport and previously issued passports, including biographic/photo pages, current and expired visas, and pages with relevant entry or departure stamps.
• Photocopy of the I-797 Approval Notices for all the extension and change of status.
• Photocopy of the I-20, SEVICS I-20, DS-2019 or IAP 66

I was in US for the first time in Jul 2004 and stayed till Sep 2004 on a B1 Visa. I dont know why they are asking for proof of nonimmigrant status from Jan 2004 till Oct 2004. I came back to US on H1B visa in Mar 2005. I have not done any education in USA.

Please try to answer me. Thanks

REQUEST FOR INITIAL EVIDENCE SENT -- evidence of non immigrant status from Jan 1 2004 to Sept 30 200

Hi all,

First of all, I am new member here and would like to thank all for their advice and suggestion. I also got RFE (I-485) on non immigrant status from Jan 1 04 to Sept 30, 06 in accordance with CFR 245.1(b)(9) and (10) and requested for:

a. photocopy of current and previous passports
b. photocopy of form-i-797 approval notices
c. photocopy of i-20s
d. photocopy of I-94

I have all the above documents they have requested for. If I send the above mention docs, will it suffice or will they ask more. thanks.

Last edited by a moderator: