I485 - question about time after receiving the letter

Sandra Mraz

Dear friends,

We had our FP on July/2000, and now we are applying for a new Employment Authorization card that expires in 03/24/01. They say we can receive the letter for get our passport stamped any time from now to 1 more year...

I have to go back to my country for a while next month, and sure I have the permission to travel. My husband will stay here. But, suppose if we receive the letter and I am out of the country, how many days do I have to go to the INS to stamp my passport after the letter arrives?

I want to know if I have time enough to come back and be here on time.
Thanks for any answer.
S.Mraz

No Title

i just get the approval letters this week,and don\'t say anything about time to get the stamp done ,i don\'t think need rush,and looks like you just going to be out for a month,what is your rd/nd.my rd/nd=03/2000,fp=05/2000,and approval 01/05/2001,just one ex. how long takes.
good luck,
aw

No Title

Hey My ND is 3/2000 and FP is 5/2000 but my priority date is not currentdo u think I will get my card only when the PD is current for me?

Was it current in your case?

Thanks
Niraj

No Title

NIRAJ,MY PD=07/98,BUT I AM NOT FROM INDIA OR CHINA,WAS CURRENT WHEN I FILED I-485 LAST 03/2000.GOOD LUCK TO YOU.
AW