I485 pending due to name check

qmwei

Registered Users (C)
I have I-485 pending at CSC for more than two years. My lawyer said they are doing third agency name check. But it has been more than 6 months. Seems like it takes forever to get the name check done. Anybody has the same experience or have any idea how long it take to get the name check done?

IBIS is the latest security check system for USCIS. Each and every application has to be scanned through it. Since, it's supposed to be an automated system, one would wonder why it should take 6 months to complete. But, this is USCIS, anything can happen ....

The same(!!!) check is pending for me at local office

The same check is pending over 5 months for me but my case is in local office (San Jose).
We passed the interview, but due the pending check, adjudication had to be postponed till the check is completed. The most strange thing is that the check for my wife was completed by the time of the interview. Only my name check was pending and still is. It's a complete mystery for me why it takes so long to do this check for some people and so short for others. Is this because I'm a primary applicant, is it because of my nationality (Russian), is it because I am male?

My lawyer has no clue either and told me she has clients with the check pending over 6 months.

Re: The same(!!!) check is pending for me at local office

Originally posted by stain

My lawyer has no clue either and told me she has clients with the check pending over 6 months.

So what do you do instead of just waiting? Can you call local INS offices to find out about the status/delay ?

The lawyer calls periodically regarding all pending cases for her clients. The only reply from BCIS is "name check is pending". They do not provide more details.

Re: The same(!!!) check is pending for me at local office

Originally posted by stain
Is this because I'm a primary applicant, is it because of my nationality (Russian), is it because I am male?

It's because you was a member of Komsomol. By the way have they stamp already your's wife passport?

Re: Re: The same(!!!) check is pending for me at local office

Originally posted by Tasse
It's because you was a member of Komsomol.

Not necessarily. Depends on the generation, really. I was not affiliated with Komsomol, for example.