I485 pending -- Change from Senior software Engr to Assistant Res Prof?

starfire

Registered Users (C)
I am EB2 485 pending 0213xXXXXX as a senior software engineer.

If I become an assistant research professor, will my 485 be invalidated? Or what can I do to keep it?

Thanks in advance.

U would need to prove ur job description is the same. I am not sure u will be able to do so u in ur case. Check with ur lawyer

Thanks, C610.

The new position will definitely include software development (not commercial though). Will this help?

I will check with my lawyer but I'd like to have you guys' opinion first.

On your labor cert there should be a job code. take a look at the broad description of that job code. If you fit within that then u are fine. I dont think ur title matters but ur job description does. So in ur offer letter I think u should make sure u have the correct description.

good luck.

I just changed a job where my initial title was software developer. new Job was completely different.
All the INS cares about is the Job Description. It should exactly or very very closely match with your previous job description otherwise it ain't gonna work with them..
Thanks

I believe as long as the skill set needed to perform your new job is same as the skill set needed to perform your old job, it should be fine.

Thanks, C610, Justforgc and ErDr!

The skill set is almost the same for the new and old job.

Thanks!