I485 PD & Marriage Issues

ybala

Registered Users (C)
Here is my situation and would like to get your thoughts about the same.. Iam currently on H1b, started my GC process with filing I-140 (Eb1/OR which got approved, in Oct 05) concurrently applied for 485 (~Sep 05). Then wait time was about 1.5 to 2years, which seemed long, now that iam planning to get married and as the dates were moving faster than expected I was advised to withdraw my I 485 as adding spouse would be difficult once be a GC holder ( don’t if this was correct?). So sent a letter to withdraw my application and it’s almost 3.5 months that I have not got a response from CIS. My I485 has status pending!, though priority date is some where close to jun 06… My lawyer says letter response could take any where from 1month to a year!!. Has any one been in similar situation??? Any comments? I am planning to get married in 6months.
My questions are:
1) In my situation, was it a right decision to withdraw the application for I485 ? Is there
any other way it could be done?
2) Say if I come back married and CIS had not responded to my withdrawal, can I append my 485 and add my future spouse as if nothing had changed. How does CIS view these cases?
3) Basically is withdrawing my withdrawal request possible? How long with CIS take to address such cases?
4) Though the PD date for I485 is around ~June 06, why has my application (filed in Sep05) got any response? How does it work? ... Any suggestions would be grately appreciated. .Thanks all.!