I485 on hold due to Company Name change, spoke to IIO

Reed Peters

Registered Users (C)
Hi Friends (rather INS victims),

I have filed my I140 in Aug 99, and got approved in May 00. COmpany name changed in June. Filed I485 in July. I spoked to an IIO today. He has informed me that my case is in hold due to company name change, and contact in 60 -90 days, unless otherwise notified.

I know some more people are in this situation. I have been laid off before 180 days from the company and found another job. I have restarted my Labor and recently filed my I140 with new company. My ex-Company has promised to continue the I485 process and has not withdrawn I140 or I485. I can\'t have my ex-Company to file amended I140. DO you guys have any suggestions.

My I140 was originally approved for CP. I have recieved Pkt.3, but never pursued it. What are my options at this point ? Anyone waiting for company name changes ? How are guys planning on pursuing this issue ?

TIA,
Reed_Peters

No Title

Hi, my company also changed it\'s name but what they did was they filed an amended I-140 and it really works. I read some postings in this site that if your I-485 is more than 180 days old, then, you can ask your new employer to file an amended I-140 provided your previous employer didn\'t withdrew your case. You might want to consult your lawyer in this issue.