Hi All,

LUD changed on 485 petition with the following message :

Application Type: I485 , Application to Register Permanent Residence or
to Adjust Status

Current Status:

On June 15, 2005, your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence
or to Adjust Status was received here for processing. It is taking
between 365 and 540 days for us to process this kind of case. We will mail
you a decision as soon as processing is complete.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case
status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision or
advice from USCIS within the projected processing time frame*, please
contact the National Customer Service Center.

MY PD for I 140 & 485 are 27 May 2004 & EB3 from India

Can someone throw light on this.

Selva

May be your case got moved to the local Office. I'm just guessing, I'm not sure and people whose case got moved to local office might be knowing very well about this message.

Thanx plastic card. You mentioned that this might mean that the case is transferred to a local office. What does that mean in terms of processing dates and timelines.

Thanx

Arulmigu

selvakumar said:
Thanx plastic card. You mentioned that this might mean that the case is transferred to a local office. What does that mean in terms of processing dates and timelines.

Thanx

Arulmigu

I don't think your application got sent to a local office. Usually, the message states that specifically if it happens.

When your LUD changes, but the status message stays the same it usually means someone is working on your file.

Likely, how the system works is everytime someone works on an application, the USCIS computer system keeps track of it. If someone works on an application, but doesn't approve it or send out an RFE, etc, the LUD changes, but the status of the application remains the same.

mdh