I485 filed in 4/99 approved.

sss123

Registered Users (C)
EB2 (national interst waiver: no LC); TSC
PD: 9/97
RD/ND: 4/99
FP:10/99
Approved: 1/01

I approached my local congressman about a 6 weeks ago to complain that processing date for TSC was 5/99 but my case was still not approved. That office was extremely helpful.

No Title

I am in a similar situation as you were. My details are

EB2 India NIW
ND - 5/99
FP - 10/99
SRC99188...

My FP will expire next month. Can you please post details of how you contacted the local congress man and the info you provided them? It would be very useful for me.

Thanks

No Title

When I called the congressman\'s office, they asked me to send them the details of my case. Upon receiving my details (SRC #, case dates etc.) they contacted INS and found out that not only my case had been overlooked but also my FP was about to expire, and my case file was mixed up with another applicant\'s file. About three weeks after that intimation my case was approved.
 For my case the RD was 4/99 whereas the official processing date for INS-TSC was 5/99. I understand that the congressman\'s office does not take up cases unless your RD is prior to the official processing date. They do not want to interfer with INS without a reason. They may take up your case since your finger print is about to expire. It is worth a try. Good luck.

No Title

Congrats Would you please post the country (India/China/Others) and the approval date? - for the TSC Tracker @ Immitracker.com

No Title

Thanks. I took your advise and finally contacted the senator\'s office. They were very cordial (unlike the IIOs) and asked me to fax the A and SRC numbers. The lady told me that they could help me if there is atleast a week or two before my FP expieres. I just faxed them all the info. Hope it works.

I have one more question for you, sss123. Did the senator\'s office contact you after receiving the fax and gave you an update, or did you have to contact them?

Thanks.

No Title

Thanks. I took your advise and finally contacted the senator\'s office. They were very cordial (unlike the IIOs) and asked me to fax the A and SRC numbers. The lady told me that they could help me if there is atleast a week or two before my FP expieres. I just faxed them all the info. Hope it works.

I have one more question for you, sss123. Did the senator\'s office contact you after receiving the fax and gave you an update, or did you have to contact them?

Thanks.

No Title

In my case, I had contacted them a day after faxing the info to make sure that they received it. After not hearing from them for about a week, I called again to find out that it had just been assigned to a case worker. After that the case worker would call me to provide updates every 3-4 days, she was extremely nice. When the approval did not come through for two more weeks, the case worker was upset with INS for not keeping their promise. Later in the same day my case was approved.
Good luck.

No Title

I called my senator\'s office. You need to find out your local senator\'s number. You could use the link on the home page of IMMIGRATION.COM, by following the link COMMUNICATION TIPS and then ONLINE CONGRESSIONAL DIRECTORY. Let me know if this is useful.