I485(EB3) interview in SF office

asteil

Registered Users (C)
Hi

My I485(EB3) was transfered to san Francisco office on 04/29/03, and they will conduct me an interview. How long do I have to wait for an interview? what kind of questions will they ask? How do I prepare it? If you have an interview in san francisco office, please share your experience with me.

Thanks
Asteil

WAC02-2XXXXXXX
RD 07/29/02
FD 09/19/02

Asteil,

SFO is most fu**edup local service center among all service centers. Your waiting time could be between 4-9 months as per my experience on this board. Do you know why they might have transfer your case ?
If you case is straight forward than you don't need to worry, otherwise give your full details then probably somebody will help you.

I have no idea why they transfer my case to SFO. My company is not doing well lately. I'm afraid that My company can't provide any doc that BCIS wants.

Frequently asked documents at the time of interviews are
1. EVL
2. Last few pay stubs
3. last three yrs W2/1040s
4. Marriage certificate
5. Proof of legal status
6. I-134 for spouse
7. DE-6 (If your company is small and not on NASDAQ)
8. Lease Agreement
9. Police Clearance

It is not like that they will ask you to get all of the above documents. It depends on your case. The only document which might be problematic is DE-6 report which you have to get from your company. All other documents are straight forward.
So don't worry if you don't need DE-6 report or you donot have any criminal record.

do I need an attorney during the interview? does an attorney really help? I just don't want to waste money
thanks

Its really depends on your case, but still it is better to have a lawyer with you for moral support. So if you can get a lawyer without too much of efforts than have one.

asteil

I did have my Interview at SFO couple of Months back. It was kind of pleasant one. I actually had all kinds of documents with me(this kind of helps you). I also had DE-6, Company's last 2 years returns. Also you can see my earlier thread where I had mentioned my experience. If you need any more help let me know. Also It took me around 2 months for my interview letter, they had mentioned what docs do I need to carry for the interview. I did carry everything I had(right from my High school till date) Also as Vipsha mentioned do carry your copy of lease agreements, last bank statements. Do make a copy of everything for the Interviewer so it will reduce your interview time. It took around 40 minutes for me and my wife.

Thanks
Srini

srini_71 and vipsha

thank you for your reply. what is lease agreement?

my boss doesn't want to give me a copy of de-6 and company tax return. he said they are very sensitive information. any suggestions?

Asteil,

Chill out, let your interview letter come and then see what INS is looking for, but be prepare to get the documents whatever you can.

It might be possible that DE-6 report will not be required.

Lease agreement - The contract between you and your landlord, just to show that you and your spouse are leaving together.

srini_71,

Can you help asteil in "How to get DE-6 report?"

Asteil,

The Officer who took my interview was surprised to see my DE-6 Report(Our Company has 6000 Employees and I just took our California office Reports around 500 pages). He later explained me that he needs to see the Page where my name is printed. So you can ask your employer to whiteout the rest of the employee information and leave your information.
I hope this should be easy for them to give(I know it has all the data of your colleagues and as well as your superiors).

Regards to tax information ask them to give it in a sealed envolpe so they don't need to worry. I told my employer to provide me in a sealed envelope so they can be sure and it also creates a good begining for your interview.

Its always better to be safe than being Sorry

Let me know How your stuff goes. I'll check again tomorrow If you have any questions please post. I'll try to reply at the earliest.

Thanks
Srini

my case just got transferred to SFO. my case is straight forward. Do you guys know how long does it take with this process from now

Read my first post on this thread itself and my reply to your question has not been changed from my first reply.