I485 approved, but my daughter is outside USA

boat

Registered Users (C)
Hi there,

My I485 was approved, so did my daughter\'s. However, my daughter went home and her advance Carol has been expired. She couldn\'t come in US to get her passport stamped. Is there anyone who has any opinions? Any suggestion is highly appreciate. Thank you.

Boat

No Title

How old is your daughter ? If your daughter is below 14 years then
no need to get her passport stamped. She need not have to give her finger print. Usually INS says it will send the plastic card within
90 days but they will send the card immediately.

No finger prints for kids below 14 years.

My kids cards were send along with the approval letter and I went
for Passport stamping along with wife and kids and the IIO told me
that the kids are already permenant residents and they don\'t need
stamping and they returned my kids original approval letters.

My suggestion is wait for couple of weeks and send your daughter card to India.

No Title

Thank you very much for response. My daughter is 8 years old. But I think we need go to INS to do finger print again, and submit photos again for the card. How could I do it for her without taking her to INS?

Anything your kids did in INS when you got your passport stamped?

Thank you.

Boat

No Title

Boat,

I remember reading one post, in which minor( i don;t remember the age) got the card directly, since the finger print was not needed for the kid.....
I think your daughter will get the card directly....

-arms

No Title

As I said wait for couple of weeks and then go to the INS for your
passport stamping. Your daughter doesn\'t need stamping as she is minor. INS will take yours and your wife finger print 2 copies of
Autdit photos along with your Original Approval Notice. You need to carry all your EAD Advance Payroll and I-94 along with your Passport
for stamping. This stamping is valid for one year and during this period you can travel and work with this stamp.

For kids it is not required as they will send the GC Plastic card directly within a couple of weeks. They will use the Photoes which you sent along with your I-485 Packet. The kids won\'t require any
finger prints and any signature.

My kids received their plastic cards along with the approval letters.