I485 Approved and got the approval notice

hopetoget

Registered Users (C)
Hello All,

Surprisingly We (My wife and I) got our I485 approved this week (Monday) and got the approval notice in the mail Yesterday (Thursday). Thank you everyone for all your valuable inputs and suggestions (posted in the forum).

Here is some detail about my case:

- LC approved Feb 2003 (EB3)
- I140 Filed in May 2003
- I485 / EAD / AP for both my wife and I files in Oct 2003 in NSC (LIN-03-XX)

- I485 / EAD / AP applications are transferred to CSC in Nov 2003

Months passed without any information from BCIS:

- March 31 2004 , received RFE for my I140 , usual EVL / W2 stuff

- In May , my wife got her first FP notice, and I (primary) never did

In May 2004, My attorney worked thru Senator's office to Inquire about our EAD status. After moving through senator's office, our EAD petition is moved from LA (CSC) to San Jose sub-office.

- June 13 the we submitted all the documents for I140 RFE

- July 7-10 made inquiries through senator again to San Jose office for our EAD , and we were asked to come in to San Jose office to get EAD

- I140 is approved July 27th (2 weeks after submitting RFE)

- July 28th went to San Jose BCIS office, got interviewed, asked for more documents and then finally got our EAD the next day July 29th

- Received FP notice for I485 for both of us and gave FP on July 28th

- On Aug 2nd, On line status for Wife's I485 Changed to FP received and process resumed. My status remained as usual 'received for processing and takes 660-660 days for processing such cases' stuff

- On Aug 9th , my wife's I485 on line status changed back to same as mine to say 'received for processing and takes 660-660 days for processing such cases' stuff

- Next morning Aug 10th, I got email from BCIS that both of our I-485 applications are approved. On line status also changed saying that they approved the application on Aug 9th.

- Received the Approval notice yesterday Aug-12 th and planning to go for stamping to San Jose office next week.

Wow, this is a pretty lengthy email. But I thought it could be helpful and possibly give some hope for someone out there....

Thanks for all your help, this has been a great ride. We wish you all good luck and all the very best!

BK