I485 Approved after SFO interview

mike_ter

Registered Users (C)
Hi

I got transferred to SFO in March and got interview notice in late June. my interview date was September 4th at SFO.
(interview issue is change of employer)
WAC-01-264-XXXXX (RD June 2001)

at the interview, the officer asked several questions from the application form, like:
- have you ever been in jail?
- have you ever joined a terrorist organization
etc...

then he went over on asking when did I left the US, and what was my status each time. he asked if I was employed,
and I gave him employment letter from new employer and pay stubs. he didn't really investigate them.

overall, I can say the officer was very funky and acted as if he doesn't really care, it seemed like
he was asking the questions just for the protocol. very casual. it took approx 30 minutes.

by the way, and important detail:
I was on a leave of absence since Oct 2001 till July 2002, when I got a new job with the new employer. apparently
it was no problem. (I guess since I had EAD and was in applicant status)

in the end he said he will mail the result on Friday, which he did and it was approved.

2 years journey had come to an end, and it feels really good.

good luck to all of you!

question

was he aware of the fact that you were on leave of absence from Oct 2001 till July 2002 ?
how many paystubs did they asked for ?

When it was transferred to SFO?

Hi,

My petition was also transferred to SFO from Philadelphia in June 2002 and I am waiting for the interview.

I would like to know of when your petition was transferred and how long it took to get the interview.

Please respond.

Thanks

SF Interview Received on 11/19

I received SF interview by mail yesterday to appear in SF local office for interview in December.

My case is: WAC-01-270-XXXXX.

It was transferred to SFO local office in March 2002. No written notice was received, only by AVM.

EAD and AP were received. FP was done in January.

No particular reason for interview. Appear as random case. My attorney will accompany me.

Good luck everyone, and keep the spirit high!