I485 approval without interview

Abhayr

Registered Users (C)
I received I485 approval emails for my parents without an interview notice. What is the reason to not have the interview? Do I need to setup an INFOPASS appt to have their passports stamped as to their latest status?

Thanks
Abhay

They'll send you the GC in the mail, you only need stamps done if you're planning on traveling imminently.

I assume this is a marriage based green card application? If you have been married for less than 2 years its getting quite common to get the 2 year GC without interview.

Does the Philli office stamp the I-551 on passport if we have the Travel tickets. Do we need anything else. Case was approved 6 weeks ago but still did not get cards because I moved just last week. I need a Transit Visa or a Passport stamp for travel in 2 weeks.
Does Philli do the stamping without any issues ?

Dunno, they told me at the interview that they don't stamp passports any more. I'm in the same situation you're in, almost 5 weeks since approval at interview and no green cards.

However I believe if you make an Infopass and take your tickets with you, they should give you the stamps.

dr_lha said:
I assume this is a marriage based green card application? If you have been married for less than 2 years its getting quite common to get the 2 year GC without interview.
No. It's for Abhayr's parents, which is still pretty common to get without an interview.

Anahit said:
No. It's for Abhayr's parents, which is still pretty common to get without an interview.
I thought they never interviewed parents, children, brothers etc, - only spouses. Relationship between parents and children can't be fraudulent, I guess :)

Went to the Philli local office but they declined to stamp even after we showing the airline tickets. They said that I need to wait for 90 days and might get a Biometrics notice. I showed that we had the Fingerprints just 3 months ago (Code 1) but their system was not showing that and she gave us a sheet and asked us to go to the closest Application support center for it again (Code 2) which we went immediately and had it done. After an argument about the travel and the stamp she mentioned that I could come the day before the travel as an emergency even without an Infopass appointment and they can do the stamping.
I guess if I dont get anything in the next 2 weeks I have to go again to get it stamped. I am pretty sure that I will end up going there again. :mad:

Ah crap, I hope that something similar to that isn't holding up my GC as well. Is something rotten in the Philly DO? They still haven't replied to the letter I sent them a week ago, I guess I'll be going in for an Infopass soon, clutching the receipt for my Biometrics!

Fromhyd said:
Went to the Philli local office but they declined to stamp even after we showing the airline tickets. They said that I need to wait for 90 days and might get a Biometrics notice. I showed that we had the Fingerprints just 3 months ago (Code 1) but their system was not showing that and she gave us a sheet and asked us to go to the closest Application support center for it again (Code 2) which we went immediately and had it done. After an argument about the travel and the stamp she mentioned that I could come the day before the travel as an emergency even without an Infopass appointment and they can do the stamping.
I guess if I dont get anything in the next 2 weeks I have to go again to get it stamped. I am pretty sure that I will end up going there again. :mad:
I just noticed, did you only have code 1 fingerprints (for EAD IIRC) and not the other type for AOS? When I had my fingerprinting done I got 2 receipts, one for Code 1 and the other for Code 3 (IIRC).

Send to Service Centerm but copy DO

dr_lha said:
Ah crap, I hope that something similar to that isn't holding up my GC as well. Is something rotten in the Philly DO? They still haven't replied to the letter I sent them a week ago, I guess I'll be going in for an Infopass soon, clutching the receipt for my Biometrics!

Dr. lha,

In my experience, DO are notorious for ignoring inquiry letters from petitioners or beneficiaries as over-reaching and waste of their precious time. The key is simple: In any letter that you write to the DO, rather than send it DO, send it to the service center servicing your AREA with a copy of NOA and cc: your DO.

My wife effectively destroyed the DO by sending them a letter as a copy of what we were mailing to Service Center. In the last letter she send to them as a copy, the Service Center told DO to act as soon as possible, because I had actually prepared a lawsuit against the USCIS, FBI, White HOUSE and everyone associated with immigration process.... :confused: Actually, I had prepared the summon and all evidence, plus a response to what I knew was going to be a govt motion to dismiss our lawsuits as without merit. The lawsuit was supposed to be filed on Oct 5th, 2006 and DO offered my wife an info pass on Oct 6th, 2006 as a truce, and only after receiving an instruction and pressure from the Service Center. Guess what, since July, she sought an info pass but couldn't get one, but once the Service Center got a letter threatening lawsuit... Man... they moved... I can tell you, suing the US govt would have been my first case before I pass my bar exam...

My advise, Service Center respond to inquiries better than DO. Remember, people at DO are full of aluminim foil, so a letter of inquiry is more like putting then in a microwave, they are bound to explode in anger and violence, which is NO response to you... :D

Interesting, others had reported success writing the the DO. Tomorrow, if I don't get a response in the mail today, I'll send the letter to Lee's Summit, MO (where my AOS and EAD were originally sent) and see if that does anything.

That said, I did get a LUD on Saturday, which I assumed was related to the letter I sent. Still, nothing else useful.