I485 Application got rejected. ......Any input greatly appreciated....

I485 Inquirer

Registered Users (C)
To all "Gurus",

I have filed for my I485 application on 26-Dec-2001. I have received a notice today(14-JAN-2002) saying my application is rejected as I didn\'t submit the right version of form I-485. They have sent back all the documentation we have sent (My and my wife\'s I485 and I765). I am planing to hire a good attorney to refile the application. May be this was a blessing in disguise as I am not very confident about my company\'s para legal dept\'s expertise, also we haven\'t included the affidavit of support for my wife (in original application). Can this rejection negatively impact my GC processing in anyway other than lost time ?

Any input greatly appreciated.

Much regards

Same with my friend.

My friend got the 485 Package back, Because his stupid outdated attorney filed incorrect (Old format) forms. He refiled and lost about 2 1/2 months of time.

Same like our case

Even we received a RFE for 485 applictaion saying that it was a wrong version... the lawyer update dwith the new version and again sent them ...we received the receipts now...so you can do that...if you have any douts we can help you

This has happened to my wife\'s application

Hi, a similar thing has happened with my wife\'s application. My AOS got accepted, but after calling INS we were told that her was rejected and sent back. However my attorney says that she hasn\'t received it and is too busy to call INS to see the status. However my wife has been assigned a LIN # and an A# and we also have received her EAD and AP. So I don\'t know what\'s going on. I really wish we had a diff lawyer. I am thinking of waiting for 2 more weeks and then maybe file my wife\'s application myself.

Thanks for all your inputs.

Should I use the same documents(EAD) with the new forms (For I-485), there are some stamps and reorganization of the documents I have received. Or should I file everything new and include the earlier rejection letter.

Again much thanks to everyone.

He refiled in DEC-2001.

As per I know only problem is, you loose some time in refiling. It is just like a brand new application again.

I will get more details from my friend and post it here.

Don\'t Worry

For me also same thing happened ( old forms)

First time

I send the file to INS on 22 Aug 2001 and they received it on Aug 23 2001 and they opend my file on Oct 25 th 2001, they send me back file on Nov 2001

Second time

I filed my case with new lawyer, he send the file to INS on Nov 27 th 2001 and they opend my case on Dec 12 th 2001 and I got my EDA on Jan 11 th 2002.

Dont\' worry about any thing, but you loose your time a lot, i lost three months time in this process

my new layer send every thing on the new forms( 485, EAD AND AP)

No Title

Hello Friend, There is nothing to worry, same thing happened to one of friends recently, his mail date was in August and his file got rejected in nov because of old version forms have been sent by attorney. He changed his attorney he applied his 485 again in Nov29 , now he got his EAD on Jan 11, Now he is happiest man in the world, so as far as I now he lost his 2 months time thatsall, INS always consider again like a brand new application since they haven\'t entered you files into their system. So don\'t worry about whatever happened, you just lost 20 days time, apply again and make sure all documentation is proper..check with your friends regarding documentation..

Good luck
Raj.

Davidwu

New/old forms means

You can get the new version forms from the INS.gov, my lawyer send the old version forms ( Form I-485 (09-09-92)N)

Now the new version form is (Form I-485(Rev. 02/07/00)N)

You can see this version on I-485 form left bottom

Can somebody suggest a very good lawyer in NJ who will pick up I485/I765 processing?

Can somebody suggest a "very good lawyer" who can pick up my case. I don\'t want to take any chances now? All your inputs are of great importance to me.

hello

so if that form i sent is old do I have to fill out the new one and pay another $220?
and what is the EAD and AP?
thanks

Can we get apply and get Advance Parole anywhere in US?

I filed for AP in VSC on Nov, 99. Got transferred to Philadelphia in Sep, 2000. Not yet got AP. But got EAD. On a short term project, I am in CA. I need to go to India. Can I get AP in CA or do I have to go to Philadelphia or Vermont for this? What are the options? Can anybody help?

Last edited by a moderator: