I140 Taking a Year and a Half.

ajz3

I have been waiting for my Approval since almost a Year and a Half. Applied in March 2006. Today is June 4th 2007. I have actually called and spoken to a officer quiet a few times. Everytime is the same answer: Our review department is doing a background/security check. I even upgraded to Premium Processing in Nov 2006. But did'nt make a difference.

Is anyone in the same situation or can anyone tell me if they know anyone in the same situation. Thank You. :rolleyes:

You should use something called AILA or something like that and request the service center they would have to give you a decision but it doesn't mean it would be approval all the time.

140 thru AILA ?

You should use something called AILA or something like that and request the service center they would have to give you a decision but it doesn't mean it would be approval all the time.

Kiran,

Will that work thru AILA ? what updates they give if it thru AILA ?How to contact a senator ?

Thanks

I am in the same boat as you all...My I-140 case: Pending for 396 days. I have consulted my immigration attorney (MLF) on this issue several times. According to the lawyer the only option left is filing a writ of mandamus law suit against USCIS and demanding the reason for this delay. It's already known that the case is stuck in Security Check so going through AILA will not be of any help. I also had many email trails with Immigration Officer at TSC after upgrading to PP and all I hear back is my case is awaiting adjudication due to pending security check. I have recently approached my local congressman's office who are taking this matter to the congressinal liason.
You can track my case here - http://www.trackitt.com/discuss/140/10124719/