I140 - Status - Can anyone tell me what this is?

satya2004

Registered Users (C)
This is the status of my I140.....does it mean that it has been rejected?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
On July 15, 2004, we mailed a notice acknowledging withdrawal of this application. This withdrawal completes all action on this application. If 14 days have passed and you have not received this notice, you may wish to verify or update your address. To update your address, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

to me it looks like the atorney or your company has asked for a withdrawl

to me it looks like the atorney or your company has asked for a withdrawl,
and its not a rejected.

that consoles me a bit...thanks a lot for the lightning reply..
but why would they withdraw? I did check with my employer.... he said no...

Maybe ur employer inadverdantly used the Labor certification for somebody else. Check if they filed for labor for anybody else?

Hello Registraionid... I did check with my employer ..they did not use this labour for another person. But what is a bit surprising is... in May 2004 there was a query and my attorney answered that. Then the status changed to 'We received your evidence...blah..blah'... and now this update. I'm really perplexed by this.

satya2004 said:
Hello Registraionid... I did check with my employer ..they did not use this labour for another person. But what is a bit surprising is... in May 2004 there was a query and my attorney answered that. Then the status changed to 'We received your evidence...blah..blah'... and now this update. I'm really perplexed by this.

What was this query/RFE about. Just a guess -- May be your attorney/compmany was not satisfied with resply to that and after second thought might have withdrawn on the basis of query. Or only the reply of RFE was withdrawn (I am not sure whether that is possible or not) ??

Last edited by a moderator:
satya2004,

Maybe NSC send a NOID (or another RFE) and the company/attorney decided to send letter requesting withdrawal? I got this message when we requested withdrawal of my wifes COS application (this was a formal notarized letter requesting withdrawal of petition).

Thanks for all your feedback, one thing I forgot to tell you, this is a substitute labour.... does this matter?
I sent this status to my attorney, let me see what I get back from him, will keep you all posted.

My employer did not give me the exact scenario as to why it was withdrawn. Fortunately my labour (before it was a substitute-labour) was approved and will be filing I140 again. Hoping everything will be fine this time.