I140 Receipt Numbers

Vandy

Registered Users (C)
My Lawyer says that its against the company policy to give the I140 receipt numbers to the employee. Is that a common thing???

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Yaap - That is not unusual .

Here is my wise comment . I think it is logical to expect that 140 will be given Receipt no , before 485 gets one .

So if you know that 485/140 are filed concurrently on a particular day say 04-15-03 , your 140 will be the one of those all 140s submitted on 04-15-03 . Among those - remove 140s that have receipt numbers greater than your 485's receipt no . Now you may have a list of 50 140s , among which yours would be present . Keep your fingers crossed from that point onwards .

Those who have 140 and 485 case numbers - Please comment .

(a) Is your 140 case number always less than 485 case no ?

(b) Do you see any relationship between 140 case no and 485 case no ?

Please do reply

Thanks
Sunny

Guys..That's what also happened with me.

And as mysunny007 said ,I was monitoring I140 approvals for the recepit #s(almost 10-15) just before my 485 receipt# and I beleive that it has been approved recently.Still waiting to hear from employeer/attorney.
Thanks,
Tempo.

(a) Is your 140 case number always less than 485 case no ?

No

(b) Do you see any relationship between 140 case no and 485 case no ?

No, but they are close

Originally posted by Vandy
My Lawyer says that its against the company policy to give the I140 receipt numbers to the employee. Is that a common thing???

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Yes some companies do that. You can get a copy of your receipt from USICS under FOIA (Freedom of information Act) search the forums for FOIA. you will get copy of the your receipt and also undelying labour which is approved.

Added later
It will take approximately 8 to 12 weeks but it is worth it since there is very little chance that you I140 might get approved in 8 to 12 weeks (even though there are cases where it was approved in that time frame)