I140 interview?

Lucas2005

Registered Users (C)
On the ins.gov website I read:

Application Type: I140, IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR ALIEN WORKER

Current Status:

On February 28, 2005, we transferred your I140 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR ALIEN WORKER to our office in LOS ANGELES, CA for them to schedule and conduct your interview. Scheduling can take several months.

Can't find many references to interviews for I140. Is this common? Is this good? Is this bad? Any idea how long will it take?

Any information will be appreciated!

Lucas2005,
your is future GC(means filed by ex-employer OR not on Payroll of I-140 sponsor)??, I heard for future GC might be USCIS will send interview for I-140.

I-140 interview looks like completley new but don't worry, ask your lawyer and for interview take all necessary docs with you.

ALL THE BEST!!!

rb180

I'm not future GC and I'm in the Payroll of I-140 sponsor. Non having any idea what is going on is killing me. Still waiting for a response from my lawyer.

I saw a similar case on this forum from saras76, but his I-140 eventually got transferred back to the service center. Haven't seen an I-140 actually go all the way to the interview stage. If this actually happens to you, it seems to be a new procedure. I don't think any local offices have never adjudicated an I-140 before, so I wonder who there would ever take the responsibility of doing it.

I 140 interview

I rec'd the same letter i am in CA also. got worried too, did anybody got approve or denied with the same letter received from icis

IX_KUMAR,
did you finish your interview for I-140. Pl.let us know, what they have asked.

CA service center doing unusual things for I-140 making more difficult for us, dont know why for I-140???, got frustated bcos other service centers are not doing any scruinty like CA.

Thanks,
rb180
EB3- I-140 09/19/03 - Pending (no rfe, nothing till today)

Waiting for 140 Interview ..?????

Rb180:
When I attended 485 interview,my 140 was at TSC.Now I think they are transfering 140 to Dallas office.(Employer called TSC)
I am from TEXAS SERVICE CENTER (LONE STAR service center,You know they are different from other centers).

So I am waiting and so frustated with TSC.

Lucas2005.Any update from your Lawyer ????

Lucas2005:

Any update or feedback from your attorney.

Thanks

My attorney said…

She said not to worry. She said it is a common new procedure. She said they need to check that the employer exists. She said if everything is in order you don’t need to worry.

And still I am

W O R R I E D ! ! ! !

Let me know if there is any new information in your case and I will do the same.

Attorney put an enquirey on mar 16

Attorney put an enquirey on mar 16 and waiting for response from USCIS.
I am still worried and I am not sure District offices can approve 140.
If I here any thing I will update.

Name check is holding the 140 process ?????

I went to Dallas Dist Office on Aug 29 05 to find the status of 140 and 485.The officer at the counter told me that they are waiting for name check to be completed and she told me USCIS do not have any idea when it will be completed by FBI.So i am waiting till the name check is done. :mad: :mad:
Name check is pending from past 17 months and I am so frustated with this agency. may god help this incompient agecy of the world to process the applications.

lx_kumar said:
I went to Dallas Dist Office on Aug 29 05 to find the status of 140 and 485.The officer at the counter told me that they are waiting for name check to be completed and she told me USCIS do not have any idea when it will be completed by FBI.So i am waiting till the name check is done. :mad: :mad:
Name check is pending from past 17 months and I am so frustated with this agency. may god help this incompient agecy of the world to process the applications.
I believe, you should contact FBI CS to check the status of your name check. it may be possible FBI is done with it but USCIS haven't recevied it.

Name Check pending............

simranb:
I have send email to FBI and got reply in july 05 and primary name check is pending and spouse is completed in one day.I also did FOIPA and it said I am not a terrorist (No hits).
I think all the immigrants are dealing with worlds famous incompitent agencys(FBI and USCIS).FBI says they are doing their best to complete name check and how do we beleive they are keeping america safe.
I am so frustated with the process.