I140 & I485 Concurrent Filing EB2

optimist_t

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

After receiving my labor certification under PERM(EB2), I have filed my I140 and I485 concurrently before 1st Oct 2005. Does anyone have this similar situation and can give some clue as to how long it takes to get the 140 and 485 approved in this case.

Any pointer will be highly appreciated.

TIA,
Optimist_t

If you have filed EB2-I485 before oct 1st you have just made it. However at present the processing or new fillings for 485 will be only done for those with priority date of around Nov 1999.
--Naveen Oshos
optimist_t said:
Hi,

After receiving my labor certification under PERM(EB2), I have filed my I140 and I485 concurrently before 1st Oct 2005. Does anyone have this similar situation and can give some clue as to how long it takes to get the 140 and 485 approved in this case.

Any pointer will be highly appreciated.

TIA,
Optimist_t

Hi Noshs,

Thanks for your reply. Yes I just filed it on 29th September and yet to receive a receipt for the same. Assuming it's accepted, will it be treated differently from the 99 backlog cases? Or it's just filed and it has to wait till the backlog cases are cleared. Totally confused.

Thanks,
Optimist_t :confused:

The priority dates at present are Nov '99 so when this date becomes current(and hopefully by then your name check and FP will be complete) your case will be taken up.
--Naveen Oshos
optimist_t said:
Hi Noshs,

Thanks for your reply. Yes I just filed it on 29th September and yet to receive a receipt for the same. Assuming it's accepted, will it be treated differently from the 99 backlog cases? Or it's just filed and it has to wait till the backlog cases are cleared. Totally confused.

Thanks,
Optimist_t :confused: