I140 - Education related, UN pls respond

Jaggy

Registered Users (C)
I just checked the LC petition form and the box 14 is for education and box 15 is for "Special requirements". In my case box 14 has been filled with "Bachelors or Equivalent" and box 15 has been filled with "1 year of PB experience", which was a special requirement in my case. I have a 4 yrs bachelors of computer engineering degree from India and trustforte has found it equivalent to a bachelors of computer science degree.. So am I ok?. I am in EB3 category. I140 has been filed along with I485.

I will really appreciate your response to this UN

Thanks
Jaggy

Hi,

You shouldn't have any problems with this. Most problems are with non 4 year degrees and combinations of them to show equivalence to bachelor's degree. I don't have 140 approved yet, but my LC is similar to yours and doesn't even have the "or equivalent" in it. My attorney said no worry as long as it's a single 4 year degree (and the specialization matches if mentioned in LC).

Yes absolutely thanks a lot UN. Your services and answers are highly appreciated, once again.:), I am sure you must have heard a lot of these by now