I140- EB2 - Education evaluation RFE

hellogc_2006

Registered Users (C)
I filed 140/485 concurrently in May last year. I have another I140 (EB2) approved in april 2007 and we requested to link this approved I140 to pending 485. Last week we got an rfe on first 140. Not sure why they are still looking at old I140.

I have 10+3 years dip+IETE+Masters from BITS (off campus). I got a complicated RFE from NSC. Does any one have succeeded in getting approval after replying this type of RFE? Could you please let me know?

They are asking about in detail evidence of each degree and diploma and its courses and equivalent at US. They need degree granting university to provide MS is equal to masters etc. And also they are requesting more evidence for Associated member ship exam (IETE) and diploma.

And also, if this I140 is rejected, is my I485 also get rejected? We sent several letters to USCIS asking them to use my approved I140 with pending 485.

Thanks in advance for the help.

I don't have the answer about how to respond the RFE. Please check this thread.

Let me understand, you got the RFE on the I-140 corresponding to substituted LC. Filing a new I-485 with the approved I-140 would be a better approach. You have an early PD anyway.

Thanks! for the reply.

My attorney is not advising on applying second 485 yet since it takes few more years to get to my case and I am sure I will loop into the name check again. I will see what happens in next few weeks. I am assuming that this I140 be rejected and I have another I140 anyway. The only thing not sure that whether the approved I140 is linked to my pending 485 or not. My current H1 is valid until Jan 2007. I am planning to travel next month to India and not sure how that is going to effect since I am planning to use AP in return and continue on my H1.

thanks! again..